-
Posts
7,471 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Vik54
-
Glad it was a simple fix
-
Saff - nice one
-
What annoys me the most is I had just said to Gary to be careful putting a fag out the window because of the amount of bikers that were whizzing down the middle of the two lanes of stationary traffic which had been backed up for a couple of miles. The first thing I said to the bloke was "Are you alright?" his response - "you not got mirrors then?" I was in the outside lane which was begining to merge into one lane to join a slip, lorry to my nearside had allowed me in, I was indicating and had just double checked over my shoulder I didn't just rely on mirrors and HE WAS NOT THERE WHEN I COMMITTED if he had been he would've gone over the top of my nose or into the nearside door - not the rear quarter panel and bumper ****
-
I think they'll be a good seller with the ladies
-
Well, the thing is if they're based on career average then you're going to loose out big time. I don't have any problem with this but I don't thing it's fair to advertise a job with one set of pension rules then change them at a later date, new teachers will be aware of the pension rules, fair enough, but to change the rules after you've done 20 or 30 years is blatantly unfair and I'd apply that to any work pension, private or public. People who think that a career average isn't that bad should bear in mind that the salary of a classroom teacher in 1976 was £2.5k a year, just imagine how much a few years of that sort of salary is going to drag your pension down Pete This is the point I was getting at in my first post Pete. And Martin has also highlighted another - this is not just about teachers - it is about front line staff who deliver essential services on a below average pay on a 52 week contract with 4 weeks leave and no increments It has taken me a total of 8 years self funded study with all the associated debt (£14k) and 15 years of slog to get to where I am and I still earn sub £30k. Obviously this career was my choice - there is no 'Private sector' equivalent employer - Community Workers are either employed by Local Govt or the Voluntary sector - but it is also my choice to strike, and when the time comes I will not hesitate to join all my colleagues
-
It was a dream on the way there - late morning, dry hot tarmac and (for Cumbria) relatively little traffic. If you make it up here to the Hoon though when you're arriving or leaving make sure you do the A86 from Spean Bridge to Dalwhinnie Couple of shots of it here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40241&hilit=thelma+%26amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3B+Louise
-
wow £56k
-
welcome to the forum
-
what utter p*sh!! If they manage to get early retirement at 55 they do not get their pension immediately- they get a lump sum and then a reduced pension at statutory age And if they've managed to hit £20k they've worked long and hard for it
-
Told ya Rich - can of worms Points still remain - LGPS is not a 'fat pension' - and majority of public sector salaries are relatively less than private sector- pay freezes aside before the current economy. If the average Public Sector salary is around 21k ( I am not only talking only teachers here) there needs to be adjustment made to the 'average salary' pension proposals currently on the table. What about lower paid (sub 16k) and part time staff the vast majority of whom are women who will also more than likely take maternity leave at some point in their career? One of the main points of final salary schemes was that they were fairer to those employees. The proposals being made at the moment trample on things that were fought for as part of equal opps. I completely agree we all need to take it on the chin - I also think all any Union members want to see is some discussion and appreciation that the Govt can't treat all PS employees as one homogenous mass. I would propose that they make anyone earning over £35k take a private pension and ensure that those earning less than £21k have their final salary rights preserved.
-
Can of worms Rich The point is that those of us that have paid into Local Govt pension schemes in good faith are having our terms and conditions changed. Yes I can lift what I've put in but why the hell should I?! Public sector workers' salaries are in the main not comparable to private sector - so saying people should pay into private pensions as well is simply not an option for many of us. Part of the choice to work in the public sector takes account of the pension expected - you accept that you're not going to earn what you could in the private sector but that the pension scheme is a softener. The changes being proposed mean for me that I will no longer have a choice when I retire ( I was aiming for 60 it will now be 68) and my pension will be worth less - added to current pay freezes which in real terms amount to cuts of 4% over three years I will be on the picket line soon enough
-
Purely cosmetic Craig - N/S rear - I didn't knock him off - he came into me and wasn't even unseated - pulled onto hard shoulder got off bike to speak to me then when he conferred with his mate they drove off
-
I am utterly b*ggered
-
I was going to post the vid of him swimming - but all you can here is you and me yapping
-
Those of you I saw at the weekend already know I was involved in an accident with a biker on the A8000 heading south on Thursday 23rd June at about 10:45am. When I tried to get his details (or maybe it was when he saw Gary get out the car ) he drove off Bike was black / grey and had reg WR59 ORY - (the final 'R' may be a K - it was partially obscured) The rider was Scottish, about 6ft2. broad set, ginger/fair haired with a lot of freckles, probably mid 30s, dressed in entirely black leathers with black helmet and visor and was accompanied by another bike that was red/white red with red/white/black leathers and helmet. So far Police have no leads - even though Gary was actually on the phone with them as the biker drove off they don't seem to have switched on the numerous cameras in the area and the reg plate as I took it comes up as a car registered down south. They are checking cameras and different plate combinations though I'm facing a significant claim against my own insurance if we don't trace him - TBH - even if we do I doubt he's insured but I really want to see him prosecuted for fake plates and leaving the scene We've already posted on FB as we know a fair few bikers in Dundee, Fife and Angus but any further viral spread can only help
-
Loooook I put my trophy on the mantelpiece
-
I don't think I said thanks to all in my last post... I know I said thanks in person but HOUWGE kudos to Mr Mac, Liz, Al, and everyone else - was much fun My voice only returned to normal on Tuesday after three solid days of debauchery I also have a new 'favourite' route - we drove accross to Muncaster yesterday - lovin' the A5092 onto the A595 - so much that we drove the same way home again
-
Hi Andrew welcome to the forum
-
OMG I am away for a few days and WTF is going on?!! Dave please no more pics of Ron Jeremy he makes me want to vom
-
Would like to think we'll be there - but will have to wait a wee while before we commit - I won't have any leave or cash left by that stage so would only be able to come for the Saturday & Sunday - will play it by ear
-
Some from us We went and did Honnister on Monday Seeing as there's plenty of the cars already - I think we need some captions for these
-
I was so proud of our Graham
-
oh sh1t she's seen it I got a message from athol saying im gonna get my balls booted haha. Here's me thinking that they didnt have t'internet in the lake district At least she doesn't know where I live.....you on the other hand are fooked No...but I do Excellent weekend had by all I think. I'd echo Neil's post - I think that those who didn't make it should make a wee contribution to the fund - would be a nice gesture When we get home we'll post some pics We did the Honnister pass and round-a-bout today much fun in the sunshine - the weather seems to have improved now all the riff raff have gone Athol and I are sitting looking at the piano wondering where Neily's golden fingers are