Jump to content

Beavis

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    17,222
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Beavis

  1. +1 on the first post I really dont understand why you dont pay the traders fee and may be offer these projects in kit form for other members to buy, you would soon recuperate the fee back in sales and make some money for yourselves if you did this And imho the wiring diagram for this should be made freely available so other members who are quite handy can have a go at this themselves so in keeping with the true spirit of the forum. A lot of hard work by the team goes into the organisation of meets and drive outs for the members sometimes at a personal cost to themselves but we dont charge you because you want to go to Wales for example!!
  2. Found it here http://www.rbr.com/radio/ENGINEERING/94/27557.html
  3. The only place i know in Wales and not far from Moreton Park is Demon Tweeks. Dont know if they do NOS though
  4. The reason for the video been removed from youtube. About the Missing Video (Stairway to Heaven) Posted in Safety, TheOLE.Org, Tower on September 15th, 2010 by Russell Brown – 74 Comments First off I want to thank everyone for the great response I got on the video “Stairway to Heavenâ€, it was really much more than I could have hoped for. Now, having said that I am also very sorry that I could not keep the video up for you to share with your friends and family. I truly am sorry, I can see from the comments how popular it was and that’s why I want to explain what happened. The footage of the climb came from a friend of mine that does this type of work, I have know him for several years and he has helped me many times in the past. Recently he gave me this video he shot on one of his jobs. I showed him the edited video and he approved it and I put it up on TheOnLineEngineer.Org and You Tube over the weekend. On Monday he was getting calls from colleagues telling him that they were concerned about what the video showed. His world is a very small one, and you don’t want to bite the hand that feeds you! Some facility owners are pretty uptight about liability and such and may not hire him if they think he does not take safety seriously. So he asked me to take it down, and I did. That was Monday morning (Sep 13, 2010). Today (Sep 15) he told me it was up on You Tube, by the time I looked at it it had over 77,000 views. It was on more than a dozen websites. The chance that someone important would see it was increasing rapidly. So the video most of you saw was one that had been ripped off from my website before I took it down. I wrote asking the guy who put it up to take it down but got no response so I contacted You Tube. Once again I am sorry about pulling the video, I know that every time I looked at it my legs got weak, there’s no way I could do that type of work. AND THATS MY POINT – I need this guy who made the video, we plan to do more of them, but it won’t happen if he can’t get work because he’s been black listed by the industry. He’s also my friend and I don’t want to see him get hurt because of some video I put up on the internet. We have had two offers to broadcast this video, a request to submit it to a film festival in France, over 118,000 views on You Tube. This was all much more than we had ever planned for or thought would happen. AS SOON AS WE CAN WE WILL HAVE MORE VIDEOS ABOUT TOWER CLIMBING, in the mean time please be patient. And once again thank you for all the comments. Russ
  5. I have worked at good heights before but even that is beyond me Here is another hazardous job, been posted before but i could not find it. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/700158/high_power_job/
  6. Have a good time everyone This will be the first Wales drive out i will miss in its entirety since late 2006
  7. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37334&hilit=o6+airbox+difference&start=15
  8. Very nice Malcolm
  9. to the forum And moved
  10. Moved New thread deleted
  11. to the forum
  12. Take up online poker
  13. Sold to Muttley Thanks to all those that showed an interest
  14. The desire
  15. Some tips on extending the battery life of the desire here http://sefanboy.com/2010/09/05/how-to-i ... ncredible/ Dont know if this theory works To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly: 1.Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2.Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3.Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well. Ok, this is strange tricks, but many people said that it’s really works!
  16. +1 Even this is far too early for the official garage queen
  17. It needs adding to the official shed thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40951
  18. I know you are a Hamilton fan but this is not the first time he showed some inexperience (rather like Vettel) and although they both have raw speed Webber and Buttons greater F1 experience is showing through. Webber can feel justifiably cheated though today by the lack of Stewards action over Hulkenburgs block after cutting te chicane, as his body language in the post race interview showed. +1 For once i agree with you Colin Lewis made a great start but should have bided his time, i am quite sure he would have given the Ferrari's something to think about especially with his ultra low downforce set up he had down the straights. He through points away today, i just hope he does not fail to win the championships by a few points come the seasons end.
  19. What were you doing Lewis?
  20. Happy Birthday you stud
  21. In the words of the great orator of the ether (Beavis) "Right that's enough" .......... "any more mention of a Hyundai, particularly the S-coupé or whatever it's called, and you will be eddddddd " until the new 2011 model comes out A shed is a shed
  22. Cracking job
  23. Normally fit a game or two in myself when on nights, but real money though
×
×
  • Create New...