Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. +1 for BTCC. I got into it early in my life and still love it. It's great racing and very down to earth. It's a shame the manufacturers dumped it although hopefully they'll return like Chevrolet and Honda. I don't think I've ever watched a boring BTCC race. I'm not that bothered by F1. I'd like to go to a race weekend to soak up the atmosphere and I think I'd get right into the racing if there. On the TV I just don't get excited by it.
  2. Stew

    LakeZ 2012

    You're right about "staff" - we don't get bloody paid and are left battered and bruised by the general membership at every opportunity! In fact I think we should be called Forum 'Mugs' instead...... Anyway Neilly, no need not to attend a meet over any issue on the forum. It'll only be you that misses out mate. Besides, you have to be a front runner for trophies this year! I appreciate the kind words stew Just saying it as it is mate. As a team, once an action dealt with it's done. No grudges and no hard feelings from our side. Not sure if the Piano at lakes could handle another JD'd up Neil bashing!
  3. Yes. Drove me bananas for an hour!
  4. Stew

    LakeZ 2012

    You're right about "staff" - we don't get bloody paid and are left battered and bruised by the general membership at every opportunity! In fact I think we should be called Forum 'Mugs' instead...... Anyway Neilly, no need not to attend a meet over any issue on the forum. It'll only be you that misses out mate. Besides, you have to be a front runner for trophies this year!
  5. A Lossie Loon!
  6. I really like this spoiler. should I buy it? One person says 'it's not to my taste' and they 'oh well, it's off the list'
  7. I'm loving my 5N. Just don't have as much talent as manphibian.....
  8. Does Beavis really blow goats?
  9. Any meets close to me? That one 12 miles away? Naaaaaahhhhh bit far.
  10. Anything starting with 'Jeremy Clarkson said that.....'
  11. Is the engine from a Renault?
  12. The colours are awful. I went white!
  13. My spec wasn't that different to that although I didn't spec the ceramic brakes.
  14. When I learned I had a 'learners policy' and after it was finished and I passed my test I was given a years no claims. That was a month after I passed!
  15. Megs channel on youtube is excellent. Loads of good products out there for helping with swirls. What are you willing to spend? Do you want to remove the scratches or hide them? What experience do you have with detailing? What products do you currently have? And last but most importantly, what is your wash method for the car?
  16. Well if she is going to be the main driver of the car then the insurance should be in her name. If it's her car then she should be the registered keeper.
  17. The looks are subjective. I like them just because they are different. Many don't. Irfan, you like the X6 and I think it was penned by an 11 year old dog after he trailled his sh*tty arse across a piece of paper. You could get a pathfinder Chris. Beastly!
  18. Looking good Neilly lad!
  19. I just hit 60k on the configurator. I am not up on the ins and outs of all the options and that wasn't going absolutely mad.
  20. I like the Juke and Nissan are never skimpy on kit in the top models. It's blooming good value!
  21. Is it in the configurator yet? It wasn't last night when I tried it...
  22. No..... But I can see people wanting to film the pretty fishes with their mobiles video recording device.....
  23. I hope they do a spyder version....... IT'd look even more CGT like which can only be a good thing.
  24. Stew

    350z vs s2000

    Rich, for what it's worth I agree with a lot of what you've said. I have never owned an S2K because I found it tiring to drive. It's a hugely capable car and as a track toy it'd be amazing. As a road car it wasn't the best solution for me. I'm into torque and prefer it to high revs, this is a personal thing. I loved the interior, low slung seat, high gearbox tunnel etc. It felt great to drive but VTEC (kicked in Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo) just isn't for me. The Zed IS a lazy GT car. Sure, it's quick but it doesn't need to be nailed everywhere like an S2K. Completely different cars with completely different characters. They are comparable by price and layout but not by power delivery or character. Best thing to do is to drive both and then decide.
  25. At 1600 quid there is plenty scope for a cheap car!
×
×
  • Create New...