Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. My street and driveway makes the A9 look like a summers evening! I'll measure it later but I reckon I was digging 14 inches of snow off my drive at 11pm last night!
  2. Do we have snow? Yes.
  3. Piccolinos is excellent! I've eaten there quite a number of times myself!
  4. Lovely weekend and the Market was great. The journey back wasn't quite as fun! 7 1/2 hours to do 100 miles and 3 hours sitting still! Thanks to the members that kept me updated with the roads and stuff, ZMANALEX, Vik54 and Stanski were all very helpful! I want a reindeer hat though!
  5. ^^^^^^^^^ that's why we keep you around! Charlotte, if you want some non expert advice on polishing black Zeds then give me a shout, I know roughly what works to get it looking good with minimum fuss. Here is a black zed belonging to member jacr87 that we cleaned up one day - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35275 I don't think it looks too bad!
  6. A very good mate of mine is just starting a web hosting company Chris. He's also a keen photographer and ex zed owner. He might help you out!
  7. Stew

    GT5

    Well I played it again last night. I've never played a game online and don't intent to. When I first started up I didn't connect to PSN and the game was so much quicker. When on PSN the loading between screens was frustrating. Think I'll keep it off PSN from now on. I'm no gamer, I have all the consoles but did in and out and maybe play 30 mins a month.... if that! My opinion therefore probably doesn't count for much! Oh and I play it on a controller not with a wheel! It is a slick game on game play, very nice to look at and the car detail is pretty accurate as far as I can make out. The progress is ok, it's not too hard for an idiot like me however in races I seem to be in 1st position by the first corner, as I progress I'm sure this won't be the case. Anyway, it's all good fun so far and I'll hopefully get some playing time in over the next few months.
  8. Dibs doesn't exist on this site. The rules clearly state what the procedure is. Personally I always PM the seller if I want something then maybe post something like 'PM sent' so others will guess you have an interest in it so they know if they do the same they might not get the item. Just to reiterate Dibs does not exist on this forum.
  9. We are one of the least strict forums around. We have a few rules and if you continue to flaunt them (you've mentioned selling your Zed twice in two posts here!) then we'll keep removing them until we get fed up of doing it. Sorry to be strict but basically we don't like people who just register, sell and disappear.
  10. And the coolest dash instruments bar the Lexus LFA. Best Customer Service I've recieved was with Lexus. Nothing was too much trouble. The car only had one issue and that was a channel of the integrated amp blowing when the car was 8 months out of warranty. I was going away foe a few weeks the day after it happened. I called the dealership and said I'd be going away so would book it in for when I was back. It was no problem, they'd pick the car up and drop it off for me when it was finished. I accepted that and said to them to leave the bill with my Mum (My Dad had bought an RX at this point and the guy at the dealer had sold dad an E Class when he worked for Merc so he knew us.) Anyway, I arrived home. Bottle of Lexus branded Red wine and a Lexus branded Golf towel and 6 Lexus golf balls were dropped off with the keys. No bill. I called when I got home. 'Don't worry Stewart, it's covered.' Yep, that'll do! My Dads RX was recalled, he ended up playing golf at St Andrews and all sorts for the 'inconvenience' that was non existant!
  11. Stew

    GT5

    I switched it on and I'm doing the full load now. Not long now to play.
  12. Customer: Can I have a pint of lager please? Barmaid: Certainly. Barmaid: Here you go, that's £13.40 please.
  13. Stew

    GT5

    Hmmmmm GT5 just dropped through the letter box. I'm off work and it's snowing outside. What will I be doing today then?
  14. I was reading it and it was americanised but with Sainsburys lobbed in.
  15. But the running joke is just that. A joke. We all know that Nissan have as many issues as any other manufacturer.
  16. This. But the O is a D I believe.
  17. The whole thing! Nice.
  18. www.picturestakeninwelshwales.com would be a good name! Liking your landscapes and wildlife best.
  19. I like Evo. Very well written and great pictures.
  20. Just ask Beavis about Tumble Dryers.
  21. Oh and Clarkson isn't the authority on cars......
  22. Nice. I think I'll be your friend when I get the camera!
  23. The team would be very happy for you to do this Rich.
  24. I'm looking at buying a 550d in the new year. I have done a bit of research and it does come down to nikon or canon if you want to be able to have all the accessories readily available to buy. I've 'handled' both makes and the canon felt more comfortable in my hand to be honest. Everything seemed to fall to hand. I'm not saying Nikon isn't better as I genuinely don't know but the canon felt right to me.
  25. John, I've said many times that my dad owned an XJ8 for 5 years. In that time he had nothing but first class service and total reliability. It was a 1999 car that he bought in '99 and kept till '04. He really regrets letting that car go. As you know he went in to buy a new XJ after my mum approved it! It was close to £70k with the spec he wanted I'm sure and was offered 9k below book for his year old mint condition S Class. Obviously he didn't make the change. Unfortunately it's some of the dealers that are really upsetting jaguar customers now. The cars look better than they ever have done and I'm sure build is ona par with what it always has been. It's how a dealers aftersales deals with issues is how happy a customer will be. Unfortunately for jaguar, they seem to have some dodgy peoplein some of their dealerships which people associate with 'Jaguar' when they are employees of a franchise NOT employees of the manufacturer.
×
×
  • Create New...