Ever owned a Pulsar GTI-R?

Stutopia

They seem to be available at not unaffordable prices and look like a ton of fun and are obviously JDM as **** ;) The Internet at large says the transmission is made of chocolate, but a few owner forums say they're not as bad as that if the cars are stock and not hammered. Curious if anyone's ever owned one and how they rated it. Could it be a fun daily?

I suggested some time back (just before buying the R33) about getting one of these as a fun car and I think it was Ricey who raced onto the thread and said I would be an effin jeffin chav if I got one :lol:

• Like 2

I suggested some time back (just before buying the R33) about getting one of these as a fun car and I think it was Ricey who raced onto the thread and said I would be an effin jeffin chav if I got one :lol:

:lol: he might have a point, but everyone has an inner chav just trying to get out!

They're a future classic surely?

Ive not owned one but know plenty that have ........ when they work they are great but they have problems with just about everything. They probably will achieve classic status but I doubt you could find a standard one these days.

Rarer but much better is the Mazda 323 GTR, even rarer than that is a Starlet 4x4 and youre bordering on Evo 4/5 money too. If you can live with FWD the Glanzas are excellent too B)

• Like 1

Definitely sounds like something I'd say but I love the Pulsar!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been on the scout for one for a while now, have driven a few and boy, they can move in standard guise. The gear box isn't as bad as you may think and there is a trick to saving it from being minced by doing something to it. Not sure what "it" is but you can easily get 300hp out of it with the standard turbo, box and supporting mods and show a much more expensive car your arse. To me it's the most beautiful car in the world. I love them. I had one a few years back and I should've never sold it. As a daily runner in standard form its O.k, not great. I used to get 30mpg out of it when I wasn't caining it. But the metal is thin and they are rattily, and you know you're in an early 90s car, that's for sure. But, and it's a big but, Handling set up correctly and with mild modifications, back seats out and rattily bits tapped down they can be really quick and an absolute hoot to boot about in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My mate is cracked on them. His is lethal, an incredibly quick motor. Always winding up Porsche, Beamer, Jag and Audis, they just don't see him coming.

And yeah, he's always fixing or tweaking it.

Very fun go kart.

Edited by Juggalo