New Edition

Jetpilot

Well i couldnt resist: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/98287-supercharged-zed/

A time was set with Mr Keyser, a price was agreed in principal and because it wasnt far, i needed to satisfy my curiosity. So off we headed in hissing sid (a treat in itself) so off we went. After a painful journey (traffic) bar one smattering of nice road keenly noted by Mr K we arrived.

First impressions of "the beast" (his description not mine), the kit isnt as bad in the flesh, not to my liking, but not bad, apart from the rear spoiler. Onto the business end, well, the charger is as new, the latest V3 sci, its done less than 400 miles since installed and not even the pulleys are marked, its like its fresh out the box, well it is :)

I didnt need to go in it as i wanted Keyser's personal opinion, he arrived back and seemed happy. The owner was a lovely gent, he was 70 years old and had done the work himself, a truly impressive fellow, i hope i have his enthusiasm at 70 :) I can only think he was a bit out of touch and because of the advert, marketed the car to the wrong audience. I wanted to take the drive back to discuss so i said i would be in touch the next morning.

We chatted on the way home and i collected this week.

Some details:

Vortech V3 Sci

Os Giken twin plate clutch and fly

Magnaflow exhaust, sports cats and manifolds

Vortech piggy back ecu

I have loads of receipts, near full main dealer service history and the car overall is in very good condition.

Keep posted, but will be returning to near std until i can decide on front bumper etc, but will be transferring some things from my car, suspension, exhaust etc

Well done mate.

Is the other one sold yet?

A potentially interested party or 2 but no cash in my hand yet :)

Cant believe it hasnt gone yet, its one of the nicest examples on the market.

• Like 1

Congrats Jetpilot. :clap:

One thing, make sure you add a cable tie around the oil dipstick at the top just to ensure it can never fly forwards & hit/catch the cog/belt in front of it. ;)

Thanks for the advise, few things to do before its on the road so will make sure thats one of them :)

The cat is out of the bag at last - Visually not the nicest looking Zed I have seen - mechanically she seems tip top, as I said when we looked round it the engine oil, brake and clutch fluids could all have been changed that morning the attention to detail with the SC install right down to the (very nice) manifolds being heat wrapped looked spot on.

I think you got a great little motor mate :thumbs:

Look forwards to seeing her (and you) at the Zed Shed again soon. :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Did the old gent have an engineering background?

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Mechanic apparently, after taking a few things off today he didnt do anything by halves thats for sure, very thorough.

• 2 months later...

Well its taken longer than expected. I really didnt want to drive until i had it properly mapped by Horsham with an Uprev and had to wait for a slot.

Long story short, i am glad i didnt, when i took it to Jez it was discovered the additional in line fuel pump wasnt working or at best intermittent. I left the car with Jez and had a torturous train journey home (not easy from Newbury to Poole) and equally unpleasant coach trip back.

All back home now with temporary bodywork until i can locate the lip kit i want, but managed to get my newly refurbed Te37's in matt gold on.

Not much to look at at the moment, goes in next week to have my nismo s tune shocks and eibach springs and eibach arb's saved from my old 350 put on :)

Tuning wise i am pleased, 350 rwhp, more than happy with that for a while :)

v3%20350%202_zpsiz5cohq1.jpg

V3%20350%201_zpshymcyxjv.jpg

Edited by Jetpilot

Up coming plans:

Aps Sump

Fit hr bonnet

Find lip kit, front, skirts and rear, bumper air intake

Headlight eyebrows

Mtec c hook brake discs all round (already had ebc as new pads)

Ice and interior refresh

And enjoy driving it :)

Edited by Jetpilot

• 1 month later...

Slow on the build front as other things have been consuming my time.

Decided to start with a little interior refresh, sad to say, i liked my old interior so much, i decided to do the same again as i think it makes it much more modern looking, plush and generally a nicer place to be, so dash wrap time.

Old dash out:

350%20dash%201_zpsrtvymqef.jpg

New dash in:

350z%20dash%202_zpsoykz6pec.jpg

If your really bored you can do silly things like:

350z%20dash%203_zpspijcyqio.jpg

Drivers side:

350z%20dash%205_zpslvtdfztl.jpg

Hopefully next week will get my consul back, sprayed black with a very light gold fleck, stereo in and will update the pics :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...