A quick update on my electric Nissan :)

gangzoom

Ironic that you like Ioneabee comment when its you who reduced it to name calling as ever.

I have read it 3 times now please show me where i called you a name? Stop fuelling a fire which isnt there.

Regardless of where the idea first started, the simple fact is a 691 bhp Tesla S will deliver a 3.1second 0-60time, something none of us will have ever be to experience/let alone access on a daily basis using ICE technology. As I've said, at £55-60K for a 691bhp Tesla S, I wouldn't be able to resist that kind of performance at that price point, and at that kind of running costs (lack of).

Your right not many people will ever be able to access a P1, but a Jaguar XJR starts at £92K for 550PS, a Tesla P85D starts at £79K....I know which one I would pick to spend my £££ on.

Edited by gangzoom

That's exactly my thoughts on ev's, there going to be the go to car and about 80 percent of cars being bought 20 years will be made from carbon/plastic and will be fully electric. Look how tesla have reduced the charge times from something stupid like 8-9hours to 20-30 mins for 200-300 miles in the last five years.

Ev's will save ICE cars for pleasure the same way that cars have saved horses for recreation imo

Just as race-horses are kept for well 'racing', no EV will produce the noise/drama of a V12, but does anyone actually want to be deafened by a V12 whilst sitting in traffic on your daily commute...Some might, but the vast majority wouldn't. Imagine is the government stopped taxing petrol instead focused on electricity...All of a sudden you can run a V12 for cheap, as a weekend toy, whilst going to work on a EV.

But there in lies the discussion, you are discussing replacing your performance car with ev, so on that basis, why not have your leaf and a ice for weekend fun inc drama, noise, driving etc instead of a tesla?

I would imagine 99% of people on any enthusiast performance car forum would rather xkr than tesla.

....AND the planet is still be rapped of precious metals and burning fossil fuels to give you the electric.

^That is true.

g1323362088912231839.jpg

Think the percentage is higher for the UK as well, something like 73% made using natural gas, coal and oil (fossil fuels).

@gangzoom ~ Imo there is no way we will see EV's replace ICE vehicles in our lifetime.

Yet Internal combustion engines aren't as efficient as power stations so until there is a massive breakthrough in renewable energy then they will still be a "greener" option.

Ironic that you like Ioneabee comment when its you who reduced it to name calling as ever.

I have read it 3 times now please show me where i called you a name? Stop fuelling a fire which isnt there.

You think "you talk rubbish" to a complete stranger is ok, lol, good communication skills ;)

Posted · Hidden by ioneabee, June 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ioneabee, June 28, 2015 - No reason given

You think "you talk rubbish" to a complete stranger is ok, lol, good communication skills ;)

small note thats not name calling? Name calling is example: grundy your a retard (who goes through london instead of using the m25 :lol: )

Also Gangzoom called you small minded, i said your point was rubbish and proved why and you wanna target me?

also why wouldn't commercial transport such as, boats/lorrys/bus's not planes as it wouldn't work but work like modern Electric/diesel trains, with a motor with a soul purpose for charging a generator which then powers motors on the wheels its been proved in rail to save loads in fuel and emission

Posted · Hidden by ioneabee, June 28, 2015 - No reason given

You didnt prove anything, your posts are deliberately combative. If you want a row, pm me, end of.

So if its viable for boats, lorries etc, why is it not being done? No range and do you want to actually answer the environmental impact that batteries have?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by ioneabee, June 28, 2015 - No reason given

You didnt prove anything, your posts are deliberately combative. If you want a row, pm me, end of.

So if its viable for boats, lorries etc, why is it not being done? No range and do you want to actually answer the environmental impact that batteries have?

Your first post-

I am bored and its Sunday so:

Its not interesting, its called marketing that they put their "green" cars on display, possibly to try and boost as you say a "handful of sales" As for an electric z car or gtr, its not Aprils fool day is it, NIssan are not that daft :)

An extra 20 miles, well that makes all the difference then.........

If your into cars and therefore driving, there is absolutely nothing exciting about it!

30k depreciation in 12 months, doesnt a 30+ % hit tell you something about the market place? A friend of mine had a SLS AMG for 18 months and lost 10k, maybe thats a clue too!

Pot Kettle Black???

``

Edited by StevoD
Posted (edited) · Hidden by ioneabee, June 28, 2015 - No reason given

Its my opinion and looking for debate, not a personal assault, its called communication, not, "your talking rubbish".

If you dont know the difference this is a fruitless "chat".

Edited by Jetpilot

What do you mean no range? the range would be as big as the fuel tank? Class 43 Hst have been going up and down from London to Edinburgh all day without a refill? since the 80s

im guessing as boats dont get sold on a regular basis there is very little incentive to invest in the technology, cant see why it wouldn't work in a lorry though

and you havent asked me about the environmental impact on battery? but if this is any help there isnt batteries a such is a diesel electric train the diesel engine runs the generator that runs the wheel motors it saves fuel/emission over just diesel locomotives because the engines don't have to run at as higher speed, Yes it still uses fossil fuel but it uses less alot less

Even I'm bored of pointing out that no electric car will ever be as fun for me as something light with a petrol engine and RWD. I'd rather have a nice mk1 MX5 than a P85S Tesla, and I genuinely mean that. It's the same reasoning behind why I'd like to drive a 1000bhp GT-R for a day, but I'd rather own a 100bhp Caterham for life.

Each to their own, and maybe EVs are the future, but it's not a future I'll ever see in my lifetime nor do I wish to. I'm a petrolhead: The clue is in the name.

• Like 5

Boats dont get sold on a regular basis, are you sure, it is one of the uk's biggest leisure industries, let alone commercial shipping and you say the technology isnt there? isnt that the whole discussion on this thread, i am constantly being told it is!!

If it can work in a lorry, why isnt it, range, simple answer.

Batteries is the topic, ev's, not diesel electric and there is huge environmental impact from batteries, not just the mining but disposal.

On a different note, just went to the HighCross shopping centre today where they had the Tesla on display. Couldn't speak to anyone about it last time due to time, so today I was excited to see another black saloon in the same spot.....

Thought 'perfect' can book a test drive and nosy inside....Turns out it was just a Maseratti, how disappointing :)

Boats dont get sold on a regular basis, are you sure, it is one of the uk's biggest leisure industries, let alone commercial shipping and you say the technology isnt there? isnt that the whole discussion on this thread, i am constantly being told it is!!

If it can work in a lorry, why isnt it, range, simple answer.

Batteries is the topic, ev's, not diesel electric and there is huge environmental impact from batteries, not just the mining but disposal.

so boats get sold in the volume of cars in the uk??

Technology to send a boat around the world isnt the same as it is to send a car from london to oslo

A diesel electric lorry wouldn't have range? yet ive already said a diesel electric locomotive can travel alot further than just a diesel locomotive?

this topic isnt about batteries and there environmental impacts, its was actual Gangzoom sharing his hand on experience with his EV to then immediately gets someone with the handle Jetpilot Attack him personally with very rude abrupt and sarcastic remarks

Edited by StevoD

Obviously not, but makes zero difference, i thought we were talking about future technology and the replacement of the ice, seems little to no point if we are going to have planes (worst polluter) and everything else still using the ice.

Tech is exactly the same, electric motor and batteries.

I didnt say a diesel electric lorry wouldnt have range, we are talking ev's and if so, why dont we have diesel electric lorries?

There was no personal attack, just an opinion contrary to his :)

this topic isnt about batteries and there environmental impacts, its was actual Gangzoom sharing his hand on experience with his EV to then immediately gets someone with the handle Jetpilot Attack him personally with very rude abrupt and sarcastic remarks

Cheers for the support, I'm quite use to it, but given passion for cars frankly I'll argue all day long with anyone who thinks EVs are still was essentially milk floats.

As you've said I'm just sharing my real life experiences of a fab little car Nissan has been brave enough to make.

Will be back for more or the same at regular intervals :)

I saw a Tesla saloon on the A406 yesterday. Blends (blands?) in very well.

He was sat next to me in his nice shiny electric car, pootling along in silence. It was serene, and the full leather and the giant touchscreen looked a lovely place to be. I was sat there in my noisy thirsty old car, making mechanical noises whilst my ankle started to ache from operating the clutch whilst the V8 made lovely grumbly noises as it spat it's horrible fumes out into the atmosphere.

I wouldn't have swapped for all the money in the world. For me, that's something you either get or you don't, and I don't think anyone on either side of the argument could be swayed to the alternative. I'd have an EV as a shopping trolley car if I lived in a city, but never as a fun car to shed tears of blood, sweat and joy over.

i also wonder how many years untill we can wirelessly charge a car as the tech for wireless phone charging is starting to trickle out so having a large charging pad in car parks/drive ways to charges cars all the time there not in use, or even at red lights to give a quick top up

• Like 1

I saw a Tesla saloon on the A406 yesterday. Blends (blands?) in very well.

He was sat next to me in his nice shiny electric car, pootling along in silence. It was serene, and the full leather and the giant touchscreen looked a lovely place to be. I was sat there in my noisy thirsty old car, making mechanical noises whilst my ankle started to ache from operating the clutch whilst the V8 made lovely grumbly noises as it spat it's horrible fumes out into the atmosphere.

I wouldn't have swapped for all the money in the world. For me, that's something you either get or you don't, and I don't think anyone on either side of the argument could be swayed to the alternative. I'd have an EV as a shopping trolley car if I lived in a city, but never as a fun car to shed tears of blood, sweat and joy over.

Was this before or after you took your strippy bmw on the pride parade

• Like 1