Essential FIrst Mods to a Zed?

Aminul

Is this a seriouse thread or what? Everyone knows about servicing cars when you first buy them. The blokes asking what mods to do an your all like "change the oil and lights and service it" lllmmmmfffffaaaaooooo!!!!!!!

Amazes me how people people class a services as a mod...

The first mod to do is a plenum spacer bro with air filter. Dont change exhaust the standard one is good for like 450bhp or something along those lines.

Try and keep it civilsed please. :)
  • Like 1

Just want to say...why is kingshane throwing his weight around? People ask questions all the time and as it is a civilised community amongst us all why be like the way he is? as someone has said there's no correct or wrong answer.

We are simply lovers of our cars and just trying to give the best advice we can

Also the problem with a stock exhaust Is it rusts easily so I'd always go with a stainless steel exhaust but again that is my preference ðŸ‘😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is this a seriouse thread or what? Everyone knows about servicing cars when you first buy them. The blokes asking what mods to do an your all like "change the oil and lights and service it" lllmmmmfffffaaaaooooo!!!!!!!

The first mod to do is a plenum spacer bro with air filter. Dont change exhaust the standard one is good for like 450bhp or something along those lines.

Seems like a happy new member, not agro at all.

• Like 3

trolol

i hadnt realised that the King of Shane guy has only made 3 posts since signing up, and all 3 are in this thread. and all 3 are very useful and productive posts.

such lol.

but then, so is this post really. its very useful.

so, obviously theres an issue here between people perception of ''what is the first thing you should do to the Z'' , ''what would you do first to the zed'' and ''what is a mod, and what would you mod first''

taking a sidestep now from this post, to post #1.... i dont think ive seen the OP return to this thread. Poor lad :lol:

Seems like a happy new member, not agro at all.

:lol:

Brilliant. :D

• Like 1

taking a sidestep now from this post, to post #1.... i dont think ive seen the OP return to this thread. Poor lad :lol:

Actually hes been here reading. I logged on today with a notification.."aminul likes ur post" in my notification centre.... Think about it.

Actually hes been here reading. I logged on today with a notification.."aminul likes ur post" in my notification centre.... Think about it.

lol at this guy.

Someone said above that half term has finished.

think about that.... :)

First off, I'd like to apologise for causing a fracas here. That was never my intention. Secondly, I'm afraid I have to agree with Shane on this one. I wouldn't class a service as a 'mod'. Although I don't agree with the way he's getting his points across. But nonetheless I appreciate the help and I think there's just been a lack of sleep communication here. I currently have a Toyota celica 190. The essential aftermarket upgraded parts modifications on the car would be upgrade the engine mounts, gear bushings, and a few other mechanical parts. These are things which are prone to break/really @*!# quality from factory. So the question I'm asking is, what parts of the Zed should I consider UPGRADING first? Perhaps the clutch when it dies out as I heard the stock ones are pretty shite? Perhaps some braided Brake lines coz the stock ones aren't good enough? Everyone get my 'drift' now 😜?

Hi Aminul, don't worry not your fault at all. Clutches are hit and miss some go a 40k and others like mine still fine at 110k so see how yours is first. Exhausts and brake lines are a popular replacement and also plenum spacer, panel filter in the standard air box followed by an uprev.

The stubby aerial 'mod' is a long standing joke on here and the reason people are mentioning a service so much is because you'd be surprised how many new owners join here without a thought for one!

Anyway welcome along :)

to be honest nothing is essential... however the standard exhaust WILL split between the mid pipe and the back box, definitely worth upgrading when it happens. other than that, i'd say the car was pretty good just as it is - then modify accordingly depending on whether you want go or show. brake lines are fine if you just do road work but will need doing if you do any trackdays, similarly the standard 18" Rays are fine, but you might want to go bigger and wider if stance is your thing.

Engine mods are by no means essential in my opinion; you have to spend a lot to get quite little gains, and that money would be better spent on petrol and driving the thing!

the only essential things are make sure the servicing is done and that is running on the right fuel, but you're right, neither are modifications, just best practice.

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 3

First off, I'd like to apologise for causing a fracas here. That was never my intention. Secondly, I'm afraid I have to agree with Shane on this one. I wouldn't class a service as a 'mod'. Although I don't agree with the way he's getting his points across. But nonetheless I appreciate the help and I think there's just been a lack of sleep communication here. I currently have a Toyota celica 190. The essential aftermarket upgraded parts modifications on the car would be upgrade the engine mounts, gear bushings, and a few other mechanical parts. These are things which are prone to break/really @*!# quality from factory. So the question I'm asking is, what parts of the Zed should I consider UPGRADING first? Perhaps the clutch when it dies out as I heard the stock ones are pretty shite? Perhaps some braided Brake lines coz the stock ones aren't good enough? Everyone get my 'drift' now 😜?

Don't worry, I don't think anyone thought that a service was a mod, it was more of a lookout whilst on the subject - I just made a point of it being a mod as 'shane' was rude and just unnecessary and I took exception so bounced it back - I know, me bad...

...that said, isn't better oil an 'upgrade' ;):lol:

I took a nice route with modding on mine but more by opportunity than deliberately setting out to do it in any order. Clutch failed on mine so that was first. Then a used Stillen intake came up on ebay which I won for £57 (bargain!), then a member on here sold me his milltek exhaust (thanks Doogyrev!), then I got a set of Volks wheels off another member on here which were going relatively cheap.

Followed that with properly priced stuff of spacer, HFCs and uprev then worked on the body with stillen front lip and side steps.

Actually, two very minor mods which vastly improved my driving experience were a chunky handbrake handle and weighty gear knob :)