Roadster Guys - Jack Smith Swansea reviews

shooze

Hey guys!

Have any of you had your roofs done by Jack Smith in Swansea? I know he has done a few 350s and mine is booked in with him on July 31st.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems after their roof has been fitted? Any photos of the roofs?

Cheers guys!

Hey guys!

Have any of you had your roofs done by Jack Smith in Swansea? I know he has done a few 350s and mine is booked in with him on July 31st.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems after their roof has been fitted? Any photos of the roofs?

Cheers guys!

I heard they weren't doing any more 350's, must have heard wrong I guess? What are they charging these days, Caroline's roadster is in desperate need of a new roof.

Pete

Hey Pete! It was either £300 or £280 fitted. He said he hates doing them but still is it seems.

I did have my MX5 roof done there years ago and he did a good job its just the Z mechanism is lots more complicated so I wondered if anyone had had any experience. I know there are people on here who have had them done.

Are you going to visit Zzzebedy?

Edited by shooze

It's all down to Caroline when she has it done and £300 is a great price. It's obviously the other end of Wales from me but luckily I can visit my daughter in Cardiff while I'm down there. Also, I have free rail transport as Caroline is a British Rail retiree so leaving it down there for a few days isn't a problem :) .

Pete

Its all done in a day Pete :) He has a duplicate glass now so uses that to make the roof. No need to wait for him to bond it in.

Sounds good, I'll have a word with Caroline tonight.

Cheers,

Pete

I've got to be honest......the ones Ive seen look a bit DIY/home made compared to a Robbins or similar.

They have been on mx5's not 350's though.

Can't wait to see pics.

Edited by Kev

My MX5 one was nice. I think better ones are available but for the price you seriously can't complain.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the actual electrics etc as Ray says obv he takes no responsibility for that.

Well I'll be first to go. Mines on the 20th July. I'm having a grey roof to Match my g.m. Car. I'll post pics up then. Yes it takes him a day to fit. I'll be there this Saturday hopefully to look at the grey swatches. Do you want me to ask what colours are available and take pics??

• 1 month later...