Just had the Unichip done to my 350z!

gumpy000

Yes I took the plunge and went with the Unichip. Had it done just 30 min drive away from where I live.

I so wanted a remap just to get the maximum I could from my zed and all the money spent on it. If I didn't I would alway ask myself but what if?

With lots of thinking I was unsure where to travel 4 hrs to my nearest uprev which would have probably took and tank n half to travel and all day!

Or...

To travel 30 mins up the road to my nearest which is Clive Atthowe norwich. He has an excellent reputation and Award winning vehicle diagnostics and performance tuning.

Spoke to him on the phone and he said it could he done. So here are the results:

20150520_170315_zpsvbsnbisa.jpg

what do you think to the figures? Good? Bad?

My car is a 04 GT.

Edited by gumpy000

I'd happily pay decent money for those kinds of gains :teeth: I'd have said that's a fair result given the age of it. Like they said though, please give us a list of your mods and the cost of the dyno tune and the Ecutek as well. (I'm lucky enough to live near TDI north in Warrington just up the road - just not had the time or inclination to get my ass over there yet LoL :lol: ).

So iv got cobra exhaust system. sport cats, Y pipe and back box. Also got Wasso plenum.

Although this guy has done ALOT of research previously for a customer. Found the plenum does nothing!? Could be interesting for future!

Cost was £577 on a credit card but bare in mind. For fuel to and from somewhere, food and time for a uprev prob balanced out for me. For anyone local to me. They'd be there same. Plus any problems I can go straight back. No problem.

Did I feel a difference? Is it a placebo? Who knows. But I do feel a bit more torque. Slightly smoother and less strain. Acceleration I think is better. Only way Il know now is to find someone wanting a race off the line again. Brother in law has a scirocco R which was fairly rapid n I'd say I struggled to get anywhere. So next time Il let u know! :lol:

would the rest of you agree the gains in figures on paper are good?

Wow, that's going to cause some discussion I think, have to agree with Steve, noticed a big difference when my motordyne spacer was fitted and upreved.

Haha thought it might. I'm not saying he is right. But interesting 'fact' from him.

Well, if you check out the figures, you get more power earlier in the rev range so you should notice that :) - Re: the plenum, I noticed a difference almost as soon as I put mine on. The engine was so obviously breathing better.

I noticed a hell of a difference after both uprevs. First time was the response of the car the second was the pull - especially in 4th gear and mine does have a plenum spacer fitted

• Like 1

Ecutek on a DE 350Z. They currently only offer the software to tune the 370Z.

That's what I was led to believe .....

And I thought that ecutec was ment to be cheaper than uprev ! That's a lot of money IMHO for a generic map and then ' tweeked'

Ecutek on a DE 350Z. They currently only offer the software to tune the 370Z.

That's what I was led to believe .....

And I thought that ecutec was ment to be cheaper than uprev ! That's a lot of money IMHO for a generic map and then ' tweeked'

My ecutec was more than Uprev mark did my Uprev and it was great but that's where it all started the crave for power lol

In fact I distinctly remember saying to mark it was enough for me :)

Edited by nissanman312

the plenum spaces does nothing? i dont believe that for a minute moment i fitted it to my car was alot more aggressive in acceleration and forcing me into the seat

Forcing you into your seat more ..... Come on , probably gave you 3 bhp

probs but as it torque that puts you in your seat the bhp increase is rather irrelevant

the plenum spaces does nothing? i dont believe that for a minute moment i fitted it to my car was alot more aggressive in acceleration and forcing me into the seat

Forcing you into your seat more ..... Come on , probably gave you 3 bhp

probs but as it torque that puts you in your seat the bhp increase is rather irrelevant

Er ...... Missing the point somewhat

...... Ya sorry getting off topic , but when someone says they felt they were getting pushed into there seat more after a plenum spacer then something really needs to be said .

It's the same for uprev/ ecutec reviews , some say they are amazing and completely different car , others say no difference what so ever.

Regardless though I would always have a remap done to complement the mods and to know that the engines running as best as it can .

I say your results are good for what you have had done :)

• Like 1