What 370?

Commander

I came back to 370z after having a 350z few years ago, in between had mini cooper s jcw, civic type r and an audi a4 3.2 convertible(proper had a brain blip on this one). One model hasnt been mentioned and thats the gt ultimate which i have. Only came upto 2010 i think so early car but same as gt spec but with orange leather and suede interior. Just makes it a bit different.

Look out for the nav. In mine its a dvd based ssystem, works fine for me i think post '60 reg its the premium nav which is harddrive based and has full usb integration and touch screen.

Depends what you want, i wanted different colour interior over the other bits, i still have sat nav which is what i wanted and have aux in for music.

I looked at caymans, boxsters etc and they are so boring inside plus lot older for same money and extras are few and far between. I picked up a fnsh 370z gt ultimate 24k miles for £16300. And proper service history to the 12 months not mileage which was ace.

Just shop around. Dont rush and get the one you really want. I love the 370z because its not sofisticated! Its not a bmw or audi or porsche. Its special. Stuff like m3 is nice but in my opinion isnt as smart as the 370z.

My first 370 was a GT Ultimate, the actual car they featured in the Top Gear review against a Z4. The orange interior was really smart. As you say - only downside was the pre-Connect a Premium sat nav. Still a great car though :)

imagejpg1_zps56eeb30c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necropost. I'm thinking of changing my 2010 370 GT for something newer. There doesn't seem to be much alternative to another Z really. I'm not that keen on badge cars, but like the value, rarity & fun of the Z, despite the drawbacks (undeniably its a bit rough).

Mine is a GT premium. Was thinking of uprading the a "GT Edition", which I guess is tricked out like a GT but with altered suspension. How much different is it? Slightly more comfortable suspension would be welcome, as would any sound proofing.

Not too interested in Nismo. It's even harder than the GT and I want slightly softer.

Finding one is not easy. They all seem to be described as simply GT. Perhaps the dealers are confused over the "GT" / "GT Edition" thing. It wasn't the cleverest bit of labelling by Nissan.

I am also a bit confused. How did the 2012 facelift work with the GT edition ? Are all post 2012, facelifted Zs now also GT editions ?

Edited by Fred020

I wouldn't say it was worth the move unless you were going for a MK1 Nismo :cloud9:

A 2010 car isn't exactly old!

Corrected for you. ;)

Seriously though, I doubt it's worth the bother unless you go for one of the two Nismo variants, which obviously don't suit your requirements for a softer ride. Not saying there's anything wrong with the other variants, far from it, but I doubt you'd notice much difference.

Edited by sipar69

Thanks guys I don't really want to discuss model preferences - as stated I am not interested in the Nismo but thanks anyway. Best looking 370 though.

The GT Edition interests me, if it still exists. I can't seem to find any models more recent than 2012, and they are pre-facelift.

This one is plainly GT Edition from the photo but the seller is calling it a GT. Hope this link works

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/370z/nissan-370-z-3-7-v6-gt-2dr/4344603

Edited by Fred020

Worth bearing in mind that there are a few examples of GT cars that people have stuck GT Edition stickers on. I'd say the one in your picture is the genuine article though, as it also has the darker coloured alloys that came with the GT Edition, but not the standard GT. The GT edition was discontinued around 2011. I believe (but I'm not certain) that later GTs are supposed to have subtle improvements to the ride over earlier versions (and the reversing camera), so you might effectively be getting the same enhancements as the GT Edition if you buy a 2012 onwards GT.

I still suspect that the difference in ride quality will be subtle at best.

Edited by sipar69

Actually, just seen its claimed to be a 2013 GT Edition so perhaps I'm wrong about when they were discontinued. I was fairly sure it was 2011-12 but since the press release posted earlier refers to deliveries starting in 2011 that wouldn't add up. Must be getting my dates mixed up.

Edited by sipar69

Mine was one of the last, that the dealer could get in storm white anyways, but I do seem to recall having seen a 63 plate one since.

In the 2013 catalogue(web site) the standard GT didn`t have the upgrades that the GT Edition had.

Iv`e never driven a GT to compare but the ride/suspension on mine feels just fine and not too firm or crashy on our crappy pot holed roads.

• Like 1

Thanks guys these responses have been helpful. I bought my GT in Sept 2011 (ex demo) and I remember the GT Edition was announced shortly afterwards. Magazines such as Autocar (which I don't trust to be honest) reviewed it and raved about how great the suspension improvements were. As a GT driver, I say the suspension is somewhat too hard and crashy, and more soundproofing is needed too. Both of which were addressed in the GT Edition.

I am interested in another 370 (not Nismo), but a little disappointed if it is no improvement on the one I have now (except the facelift). It seems a bit silly if Nissan brought out a model better tuned for UK roads, then reverted to the older model afterwards. Would they really do that? Only a test drive will show, but I'm no expert.