Has anybody fitted any custom made exhaust?

Dashurik

I know there was a couple that recently had exhausts made in the Wales region (I know that's too far from you) one owner had a 370z the other a 350z and both seemed happy

There are a stack of people that do this in London. Power flow being the most obvious (they have quite a few branches all over) I've heard good things about style dynamics in Hayes (I'm sure they even make custom induction / intake pipes.

Cost wise honestly that's like asking how long a piece of string is as there's stacks of options with a 350z. Single y pipe back, twin y pipe back, twin y pipe back (with side mounted back box), true dual, additional decats, tail pipe / can options or something completely bespoke.

Personally my best advice would be check what's out there on the used market, there are lots of systems available for the 350z and if used can be had at a fraction of the new price. Also check japspeed, they do 4 different systems all for different looks and sounds at reasonable prices and then if you still want something different type "custom exhaust" into Google and click on map then book an appointment at a place near you for a quote

I hope that helps

I know there was a couple that recently had exhausts made in the Wales region (I know that's too far from you) one owner had a 370z the other a 350z and both seemed happy

There are a stack of people that do this in London. Power flow being the most obvious (they have quite a few branches all over) I've heard good things about style dynamics in Hayes (I'm sure they even make custom induction / intake pipes.

Cost wise honestly that's like asking how long a piece of string is as there's stacks of options with a 350z. Single y pipe back, twin y pipe back, twin y pipe back (with side mounted back box), true dual, additional decats, tail pipe / can options or something completely bespoke.

Personally my best advice would be check what's out there on the used market, there are lots of systems available for the 350z and if used can be had at a fraction of the new price. Also check japspeed, they do 4 different systems all for different looks and sounds at reasonable prices and then if you still want something different type "custom exhaust" into Google and click on map then book an appointment at a place near you for a quote

I hope that helps

Thanks P34nut! I contacted Style Dynamics and waiting for their reply!may be they can fix existing problems for my exhaust and I can save few ££..Checked used market already and don't see much for sale.

As some kind of gauge I would have said that a custom exhaust would cost around the 300-350 mark in London that's if you were going for the japspeed k1 / k2 look, obviously that would be fitted

If the exhaust you have is standard it means it won't be stainless so doubt there will be anything they would do that wouldn't be a bodge. I would be looking at any flexi sections if it were blowing, so yeah you may find that it's something that an aftermarket system wouldn't have cured anyway

All in all getting them to price you up will show you where the problem is straight away regardless

As some kind of gauge I would have said that a custom exhaust would cost around the 300-350 mark in London that's if you were going for the japspeed k1 / k2 look, obviously that would be fitted

If the exhaust you have is standard it means it won't be stainless so doubt there will be anything they would do that wouldn't be a bodge. I would be looking at any flexi sections if it were blowing, so yeah you may find that it's something that an aftermarket system wouldn't have cured anyway

All in all getting them to price you up will show you where the problem is straight away regardless

I installed berk HFC half year ago.Looking at the rest it looks like back box and silencer are not standard.Y section is OEM in my opinion and it looks okish. Silencer is damaged,can see that joint is loose.Back box got something inside,which is rattling when revving! I thought we could shake it off yesterday when was in the garage but had no luck!

So my options are:completely new off the shelf exhaust(£850 +fitting) or go to custom exhaust people and see what they can do to minimise my costs.May be they can repair existing problems or offer other solution(muffler delete and new piping etc)..

I obviously don't want it too load .Happy with existing sound anything much louder then what I have now is no no for me!

Edited by Dashurik

I went down the custom route a couple of months ago and got fitted a Long Life System offer a life time Warranty on there exhausts (small print) but got to say I love it tame when needed with not to over the top on throttle nice tone :lol: and the silencer rear tips look great have little baffles around them I did go for the Jap look I wanted somthing similar to the orginal :)

I had a custom made system for the 350z it looked okay not great but the sound was worse than standard

Id stay clear from custom now unless your not to bothered about sound

Youtube is your friend for exhausts

hey,

I'm one of those who went out to Wales for a Custom exhaust after seeing a few others on this site were satisfied customers.

Charlie at Pro-speed exhausts Cardiff.

I have had it only a few weeks and it's yet to be dynoed and remapped, that's booked in for this month.

For that £ you're talking about I got a cat back system with a valve that turns it into a straight thru system. Fitted, SS and lifetime warranty.

So I got the stealth and party mode and the valve opens anywhere in between. Controlled by a valve with a switch and remote control. I'm pretty happy with that.

Going without the valve cuts out a few hundred so could be worth the call for you.

He gave me a car for the day but I didn't need it.

Plus it's worth it just to go to Wales, you'll like the car so much more after getting out there, it's gotta be up there for all time great drives and they're all over the place.

hey,

I'm one of those who went out to Wales for a Custom exhaust after seeing a few others on this site were satisfied customers.

Charlie at Pro-speed exhausts Cardiff.

I have had it only a few weeks and it's yet to be dynoed and remapped, that's booked in for this month.

For that £ you're talking about I got a cat back system with a valve that turns it into a straight thru system. Fitted, SS and lifetime warranty.

So I got the stealth and party mode and the valve opens anywhere in between. Controlled by a valve with a switch and remote control. I'm pretty happy with that.

Going without the valve cuts out a few hundred so could be worth the call for you.

He gave me a car for the day but I didn't need it.

Plus it's worth it just to go to Wales, you'll like the car so much more after getting out there, it's gotta be up there for all time great drives and they're all over the place.

Sounds very interesting! Valve with remote! Cool! Remind me IPE exhaust for c63...Ill google those guys out..Thanks..

I went custom, first mod I did. No problem - Reason for custom is, you get a perfect fitment.

Check out the first page in my build thread - I traveled to Birmingham to a place called MIJ Performance. Most Custom places, you can give them an Idea of the sound you want so they can decide of silencers etc.

• Like 1

yeah. I thought it was something a bit unusual so was a bit hesitant and then I found hsv has been doing it for years and my mate who's had Porsche before and now an Audi says they are options on his so it's not too different as to be risky and different stuff, more hi performance stuff.

He can build a sound to suit so if you have a sound from the big names to refer to go for it but I didn't know much about it so just did a few calls and said i want this, that etc.

S#!t yeah I just looked up IPE c63 and that's what I'm talking about! :) the 3.7 isn't quite as disturb the peace as a 6.2 though but it's still good enough to get out there.

When you're in Wales you can drive that road Clarkson did in the c63, that was a must do when over there. such a good car, one day I'll get one. I only want the 6.2. though.

Edited by chips

I visited my local Longlife exhaust centre a few weeks back to have a custom cat back system for a Mini Cooper and whilst there enquired on a system for the zed..

It was Topger in Stockport and they said it would be about £1000 depending on the style.

They said they'd done a few and copied the design of a few popular set ups.

Was only £375 for the Mini but I suppose it's a much smaller job.

Fit was spot on and as it's used for the school run by the missus I asked for as OEM sounding as possible.

No drone and just a little deeper than OEM.

The main thing stopping me getting one on the Zed is the unknown finished sound.

Would be gutted spending a grand and having a drone on the motorway and a soundtrack that was either too quiet/loud.

Might not be much help as I'm up in jockland but my custom exhaust was £1k 3"system with 2 high flow sports cats. The cats were £200 each so cat back would have been much cheaper. Easily one of the best mods I've done other than the arbs and respray

£1k for a custom stainless system is crazy overpriced. that's top brand territory, personally I would much rather go with something that has had real development and testing put into it for that cost rather than something that's been put together on the spot

Not knocking people as its their choice I just find it real cheeky of them to ask that kind of money

£1k for a custom stainless system is crazy overpriced. that's top brand territory, personally I would much rather go with something that has had real development and testing put into it for that cost rather than something that's been put together on the spot

Not knocking people as its their choice I just find it real cheeky of them to ask that kind of money

You're just paying a for a brand... At the end of the day, it's all just metal pipe work. Granted £1500/£2000+ you will get lighter material, and tweaks...but still its just metal pipe work.

My custom exhaust inc - 2 Decates, Y pipe, mid pipe, back box - Was around £500/£600 - (Although should of been £800)

Reason for me going custom? Because I figured everyones going to have the same exhaust etc, wanted something sounding different.

Like I said it was the sports cats that bumped the price up by £400, cat back quote was £550.They made the exhaust how wanted it to sound and have a lifetime guarantee. All the R&D in the world could go into the exhaust system but it still ain't going to give massive gains on a n/a zed. Can fully understand if your chasing bhp figures going for tried and tested systems though.

I was mainly talking about "headphones" comment as scobie said about having cats with his which I can understand I higher price

As said I don't knock people that have them, I've had them on previous cars at around the £300-350 range.

Have to say though it may just be pipe but a bloke making it up on the spot with stainless is nothing compared to a titanium system that not only looks and sounds the part but also drops stacks of weight.

The world is a place for individuals, we all have different tastes and reasons at the end of the day

I have a custom dual stainless steel exhaust all in cost the guy who owned it before me £785 and then his mate fitted it. Its such a great sounding exhaust (loud) but not stupidly loud. Start up is awesome nice grunt and when you get use to it you can control the noise. When I blast it through tunnels its so worth it. check my build thread and see the way it sits in the photos just as good as an ark exhaust I would say. The guy bought this exhaust off cxracing.eu hka replica. If my exhaust goes I will prob get the exact one I love it that much hahaha. would def go down the custom root