urgent help needed - Handbrake Handle needed

zebedy

Has any one got a complete hand brake for sale. Had an mot this morning and it snapped whilst it was on the rollers test the brake. Yes the handle itself snapped. Hope someones got a z beaking for parts. Cheers.

Ahhhhh!

Your car shouldn't have been tested at an MOT station with this brake testing set up! They should have checked your car was suitable before doing it (the thing is they never do).

Take it to a test station where they use a flat bed/laser set up when you get the problem fixed. All the best with getting it fixed :thumbs:

It has been mentioned by Choptop :lol:

However, when the VOSA tester logs in with the car details at the start of the test, it flags up on his screen if the car can or can not be tested on the rollers.

It has been mentioned by Choptop :lol:

However, when the VOSA tester logs in with the car details at the start of the test, it flags up on his screen if the car can or can not be tested on the rollers.

:lol: Doh. :blush:

My fault for skimming through the replies too quickly. ;)

Cheers guys Alex sorted me out again. Top man.

Yet when I saw him on the rollers and yanking the thing up I cringed. I asked why pull so hard he said I've had to to lock the brakes???? . And yes mines a UK de model. I thought you best not do this model on the rollers but was too late to question him. He also failed me on guess what.... No handbrake. Cheeky tester. So they will fit the replacement with no charge. Should I tell him not to test it on the rollers????

Thanks for the advice thus far guys.

Also must add I've never heard of these snapping before, I took a look and its made of cast aluminium so not great anyways in my opinion.

Is this quite common???

Edited by ZZZebady

is this the same for the 370 ?

If it has an LSD then yes it should (will) be. :thumbs:

Sure it's in the MOT manual somewhere.

Certain vehicles should not be tested on a roller brake tester, eg vehicles with

More than one driving axle permanently engaged

Limited-slip differential

Belt-driven transmission

Brakes for which the servo operates only when the vehicle is moving

These vehicles should be tested using a properly calibrated and maintained decelerometer or a plate brake tester designated as acceptable for the statutory tests, see Sub Section 3.7 B, page 25, and C, page 26.

A roller brake test is also not appropriate for vehicles with damaged, under-inflated or studded tyres.