Potential New 350z Owner Saying Hello

Hi all,

Been planning on getting a 350z for a while now (currently own a RS Focus) as never had a 2 seater RWD sports car and just love the 350z. Was planning to get one early 2008 but then spotted one in the garage down the road and went to see it today.

It looks a very clean example and they will take trade in on my RS (which is a CAT D) which saves me the time selling it on which might be tricky. My head is all over the place now on what to do.

The car has done just over 20k and is for sale for £18,995 - does that sound a fair price? I would have to spend about £1k to sort my RS out as needs front spraying and alloys redone so the price they have offered as part ex is low but not bad considering the work was planning to do to it

anyways, I have looked at some of the buying tips, e.g. clicking axle, notchy gear change in 4-6th, bumper chips. If anyone has other useful advice then let me know

Planning the test drive on monday :yahoo:

Ads

Hi and Wecome, as Nixy says, need more details on the spec. The trade in option sounds good and would save a potentialy long wait to sell the Focus then another search for a Zed.

Is the Zed a uk car, GT or base, colour, service history, number of owners. Is it a Nissan dealer that it selling it, any mods. ;)

:welcome: At that money it sounds like a 2005 car (if UK)? IMO if you can afford one that is still under warranty and it has been serviced as scheduled then if you do find probs you should be able to get them sorted.

A friend of mine had an early RS Focus a while back - he said he hated it after his Audi TT that he reckoned that was a whole lot better so you should find the ZED will give you a whole load more :teeth: s :teeth:s :teeth:s for your ££££££s.

Sorry guys, guess I was a bit lacking with the detail.

It is on a 54 plate, with GT pack in blue. 2 previous owners FSH (some not with Nissan), 20,000 miles. Will try and get link up to website.

Ads

19k is too much IMO - take a look on this site for cars being sold (or recently) for comparison and check out the Pistonheads web-site. Having just canvassed opinion on here and received confirmation about the value of having a full Nissan service history, the fact the one you are looking at has not got it might mean any warranty claims (which I presume it is a UK supplied car and the warranty will then run out at the end of Feb 2008) may not be accepted. :dry:

Hi buddy :thumbs:

where are you based? As i know one has just arrived at Chester Huntington :)

Hi mate :thumbs:

I'm down the road in Upton so not far away - I'm after a blue one, just think they look awesome, personal taste and all that !

Ads :teeth:

Would be quite happy for you take a look at my zed, and maybe go for a spin, plus you will have a better idea of what to look out for :thumbs:

Hope this link works, there is only 1 350z :)

http://www.grahamwalkerltd.co.uk/10697/showroom.htm

Noticed the car is up for £18495 on here but £18995 in showroom - wierd ?

If I could get it for £18k then I'd be happy as need to take into account trade in of my RS. Had a look on pistonheads and £18k sounds reasonable from trade.

Ads

I'm down the road in Upton so not far away - I'm after a blue one, just think they look awesome, personal taste and all that !

Would be quite happy for you take a look at my zed, and maybe go for a spin, plus you will have a better idea of what to look out for :thumbs:

That would be cool - just say when :thumbs:

Ads

That would be cool - just say when :thumbs:

Ads

pm sent :thumbs:

Hope that small meet kind of sold it to you bud :thumbs:

Just taken a look at that ad and the only thing i can see is that the battery and brake fliud covers are missing, although they may have been removed for photo purposes.

Yeah, cheers for earlier, was cool to get as chance to ride in one and get some answers to some questions. Made me more want one so yeah i'm well sold :teeth:

will ask about the covers when I call in.

Ads