Filling it up is driving me mad!

nixy

I've mentioned this before I think but filling my Z up is a real pain. The JDM has such a tiny filler hole it's an art in itself to get the nozzle in but even though I've mastered that one I can still only put the fuel in so slowly it takes forever! I only managed 3/4 of a tank last time because I was stood there so long I couldn't be bothered to keep going! Anyone got any tips to stop the flaming thing clicking off all the time when filling up?

No real problems with mine but i have noticed that certain pumps on certain petrol stations is that they have the delivery pressure set way to high, no matter what way i have the nozzle turned it clicks off. Do you always use the same place Nixy? :thumbs:

Imports in general not sure on the 305z have to have a restrictor fitted into the fuel filler to pass SVA/ESVA on the last car i had this could be removed there could be something like this fitted to your 350z.

If the nozzle is quite a tight fit then when filling the air probally hasn't got enough room to escape casing the nozzle to click off.

Example of a supra one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-type ... dZViewItem

Maybe some of the importers can shed some light on if they fit one?

Simon