Just Opened My Email

veilside z

I just opened my mail to check my messages, and found the below content. I wonder how many more of these are circulating . Should i play along or just delete. Mmm ... Anyone after a pen pal on here?

From: Elena (mjb739yyat@bmicos.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.

Sent: 14 April 2015 11:36:27

Good afternoon my dear friend!

I am the beginner in the Internet also was the first attempt to find friends in the Internet. I feel slightly uncertainly.

I was registered on this site and found your structure. It is interesting to me to learn you closer.

I have overlooked to speak you about myself. My name Elena and I am 26 years. I live in small city of Russia.

I hope that it does not frighten you. My opinion has no value for you, but I want that you knew that I have only the good relation to you and your country.

I want that you wrote to me on my personal address - adosyqyfase@yandex.ru

I shall hope that you write to me very soon. I shall send necessarily to you my some photos when you will write to me! And I also want to see your photos.

I sincerely wait for your letter. Do not overlook adosyqyfase@yandex.ru

Sincerely yours Elena

Edited by veilside z

A lot of the time these sort of emails are information phishing. By replying you give away a lot of information such as your IP and from that your rough location, and they will also know that your account is active meaning you may receive a lot more spam. I honestly do not think its worth it just delete and forget about it.

A lot of the time these sort of emails are information phishing. By replying you give away a lot of information such as your IP and from that your rough location, and they will also know that your account is active meaning you may receive a lot more spam. I honestly do not think its worth it just delete and forget about it.

If she can work out my address then come on over! :lol:

Edit - In fact it's probably a HE - in that case forget it!

I just opened my mail to check my messages, and found the below content. I wonder how many more of these are circulating . Should i play along or just delete. Mmm ... Anyone after a pen pal on here?

From: Elena (mjb739yyat@bmicos.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.

Sent: 14 April 2015 11:36:27

Good afternoon my dear friend!

I am the beginner in the Internet also was the first attempt to find friends in the Internet. I feel slightly uncertainly.

I was registered on this site and found your structure. It is interesting to me to learn you closer.

I have overlooked to speak you about myself. My name Elena and I am 26 years. I live in small city of Russia.

I hope that it does not frighten you. My opinion has no value for you, but I want that you knew that I have only the good relation to you and your country.

I want that you wrote to me on my personal address - adosyqyfase@yandex.ru

I shall hope that you write to me very soon. I shall send necessarily to you my some photos when you will write to me! And I also want to see your photos.

I sincerely wait for your letter. Do not overlook adosyqyfase@yandex.ru

Sincerely yours Elena

had the same email

I wonder what the percentage "genuine" response is (excluding those that just want to play with the troll)

Seems People do bite quite quickly though...

Phishing catches victims 'in minutes'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32285433

I hardly ever get stuff like this. I follow a few simple rules which include: when providing my email address I read the t&c's carefully and ensure I'm opted out of any marketing.

Never open links from unreliable sources, if it's from a financial institute I do business with I will always go via the official website and not any links.

Never publish my email address on public facing sites such as forums :)

I honestly don't know how you guys all seem to have these problems

I wonder what the percentage "genuine" response is (excluding those that just want to play with the troll)

Seems People do bite quite quickly though...

Phishing catches victims 'in minutes'

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-32285433

I hardly ever get stuff like this. I follow a few simple rules which include: when providing my email address I read the t&c's carefully and ensure I'm opted out of any marketing.

Never open links from unreliable sources, if it's from a financial institute I do business with I will always go via the official website and not any links.

Never publish my email address on public facing sites such as forums :)

I honestly don't know how you guys all seem to have these problems

Those who get these mails clearly click some of those "oooh la la la" sites! ;)

That's why Adrian has so many filtration measures in place with the amount of surfing he does :blush: