Interior photo request

Wasso

Does anyone have or can get hold of a specific photo for me.

I'm working on my dash binnacle and whilst installing the race dash I'm curious of how it should be angled inside the binnacle. Could somebody provide a pic of their binnacle viewing from a side profile, which will allow me to calculate the face angle of the binnacle/race dash.

Here's a side profile pic of how far I've got.

5923D2EF-5F68-4AC1-AD10-C64EFCAA2974_zps4ok0et32.jpg

36282796-0EE1-4C58-84B1-2EA7F7DE1376_zps0nx1jj32.jpg

Based on any pics provided I can then work out if I need to tilt the unit inside the binnacle.

Cheers in advance :thumbs:

Cheers Graham, sorry was in the workshop cutting up the plastic inside the binnacle.

Well, the pic request will determine the angle of the binnacle, ultimately deciding on the angle of the race dash. If for instance the binnacle is upright (face) then I'm good with recessing into the Aluminium frame. If there's a need to angle back the race dash, then it will be residing more inside of the binnacle.

Cheers GM almost there, need a perfect side profile so that I can gauge the angle of the binnacle face.

Cheers GM almost there, need a perfect side profile so that I can gauge the angle of the binnacle face.

No probs. :)

When I just took that last pic I was trying to capture the gauges inside the binnacle as I thought that would be the angle you'd need to know.

Good luck with it. :thumbs:

The clear plastic won't be used, and it's more s that I can gauge the angle of the entire binnacle. I don't have a zed to gauge it on as its 120 miles away :lol:

But at least I've got enough resource from all the pics to make a decision, so that's great guys :thumbs:

• Like 1

So based on those pics I can now position it behind the brushed aluminium, and flush with the binnacle face.

7E3720CA-AA84-4A96-810A-22A178D8D253_zpsothzma5j.jpg

3C407090-44F3-468D-9095-122A7A68AF24_zpsslqvmzmu.jpg

Just need to work out now how to fix it in place. The kit doesn't come with brackets and I don't want to glue or mould into place for re-sale purposes.

Get yourself down to Wickes/B&Q and buy some ally bar, they do it in lengths about 1m by 25mm should be able to fashion somehting with that even if it's just to support it from the back and then use velcro/similar.

So based on those pics I can now position it behind the brushed aluminium, and flush with the binnacle face.

7E3720CA-AA84-4A96-810A-22A178D8D253_zpsothzma5j.jpg

3C407090-44F3-468D-9095-122A7A68AF24_zpsslqvmzmu.jpg

Just need to work out now how to fix it in place. The kit doesn't come with brackets and I don't want to glue or mould into place for re-sale purposes.

If you have it flush like that won't it be pointing down too much? The actual dials in the Zed binacle are angled quite a bit different to how the front of the binacle sits

Okay here's a further update..... ABS in place.

23695A54-DF9C-4283-8F82-EC1D23750C07_zpsf384mhos.jpg

FA810737-6037-46DF-84C9-3B3F3BA17AE1_zpsoa07kgkt.jpg

And my home made Dremel holder :lol:

A79FF372-55AC-40A5-8338-BD566966AEEB_zps7mbz8vig.jpg

33541D43-2DD0-44E7-9458-9F36758C8BC3_zps2lpjg32z.jpg

BC6DD2CA-EB96-41F7-B8ED-F87E7BE81A68_zpsfivct5gt.jpg

Test fit...

599907F7-3FE2-439C-89D0-45E000E46368_zps2z9hkl0h.jpg

Near on flush fit

0C456D02-B1F4-4A39-9BD5-1BD554FA882B_zps5eidk48g.jpg

Problem with the support I've put back in, clashes with my electronic feeds. No problem dremel soon chomped into that!!

7F533E76-8FAD-4857-98FC-3921BDE38C2B_zpsx7xvci2c.jpg

725B6354-49EF-4F98-A04C-868D4909C03C_zpsxq4i2eym.jpg

Will see how it goes Dave, I've put an element of sitting back but nothing major. If it's a little too far forward I can always make adjustments. I'm one for having the steering wheel fairly high up, so this should work in my favour.

Will see how it goes Dave, I've put an element of sitting back but nothing major. If it's a little too far forward I can always make adjustments. I'm one for having the steering wheel fairly high up, so this should work in my favour.

Just thought I would mention it fella, just that the binnacle points downward at quite an angle I guess so that you don't get glare on the dials, might make your new digital gizmo unreadable in bright sunlight, might be worth reading up on if it is going to need a cover that's all...

Fair play for all the custom work going in to the Zed B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the pictures, I'd say that the new dash needs to be angled in at the top quite a lot.

As others have said, having it flush with the bezel is going to spoil the display. It looks like the bezel sits vertically, but the gauges themselves are angled up towards the driver's face (based on the driver's face sitting a foot or so higher than the instrument cluster).

:)

Based on the pictures, I'd say that the new dash needs to be angled in at the top quite a lot.

As others have said, having it flush with the bezel is going to spoil the display. It looks like the bezel sits vertically, but the gauges themselves are angled up towards the driver's face (based on the driver's face sitting a foot or so higher than the instrument cluster).

Yep I agree with that and that's what I was trying to capture with my second picture of my dials that SMD (Dave) picked up on.

Hopefully Wasso will still have some wiggle room to adjust the angle if it's not right. ;)

Yep I agree with that and that's what I was trying to capture with my second picture of my dials that SMD (Dave) picked up on.

Hopefully Wasso will still have some wiggle room to adjust the angle if it's not right. ;)

Yep I think it needs to be angled and inside the actual binacle, it might not look quite as neat as being flush but I do t think flush is going to work unless the whole binacle is going to be angled up maybe :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk