new buyer, seen one nissan fairlady with no service book should o buy?

tiffanylee

350z always my dream car, I went yo see Nissan 350z fair lady 2004, have test drive, very nice engine sound no cracking at all. Smooth drive too, th. Only problem is he doesn't have service book. Had mot and some service paper. Should I get it?

Just make sure the price reflects this and get it checked over by the AA or someone jacked up... I don't understand how the book can go missing though, did seller give you an idea?

Assuming its an import if fairlady is mentioned, you would be very lucky if it has a service book and if it did you would have to be able to read Japanese.

Plenty of imports on here without issue :)

• Like 1

depends entirely on the price! if its the same price as cars that do have evidence of service history, then buy the one with history. However, if the difference is £500, that would cover a P3 service easily for peace of mind.

post up a link to the car and we'll have a look.

Dependant on the price, i bought my JDM roadster with apparently no paperwork only old MOT'S i loved it , bought it and when i got it home and cleaned if found loads of paperwork for it in the car!!!, all service stuff etc.

Put up a link etc as already suggested good luck :teeth:

Hi guys, thank you very much, there is no service book but he have all the mot paperwork , I have run hpi check, everything is good. but hpi stated the mileage maybe discrepancy, but I have log in gov mot to check the vehicle mot was accurate, maybe it was an import car? Really a clean car, engine sound was absolutely awesome and I have knock down £5000 to £4600.

Edited by tiffanylee

Thank you jetpilot, this guy seem nothing to hide, he let me check everything , he bought this from Volvo dealership and he let me know the phone number, let me have all the documents to check, so it's seem rather genuine. Mot advisory brake pipe corroded.:blink::blink:

I have a 2003 JDM and pretty much everything is optional. I guess I got lucky as mine came with Brembos and Fujitsubo exhaust. Mines also manual gearbox. There are a few other differences such as 17" wheels and tilting mirrors when put in reverse. There is a JDM sub forum with a comprehensive guide on the differences. I wouldn't worry to much about the service history but get a P3 done for peace of mind.

If you have the import paperwork all the better as that will give mileage on arrival UK

Oh and by the way check the side panel passenger footwell see if you can find the flare !

• Like 1

I have a 2003 JDM Roadster.

No issues at all with an import apart from my speedo being totally incorrect although trip mileage seems to be correct. However the digital speedo is accurate.

I had mine waxoiled for piece of mind and a Fujitsubo titanium exhaust fitted.

Mine had all the export/import paperwork plus every service paperwork since UK arrival.

Just check with your insurance as some can be funny over an import.

I have check my insurance wasn't too bad for my age about £300 extra :) there's three owner so assume that Wont be that bad? They have part of service, cos now ownwe doesn't drive a lot. Only done about 1000miles since he's own it. I definitely will put p3 service if I buy this car.

Edited by tiffanylee