GTR lover looking for advice

Sean

Hi Folks

If I can introduce myself. I'm a R33 GTR owner wrestling with the idea of switching to a Z. I happened to be in a Nissan showroom in Manchester staring at a stunning blue Z not realising that it belonged to Jacko. We chatted and he recommended I say hello and see what 350Z ownership is all about.

The question is, will I regret swapping my GTR for a Z? Will I climb into a Z and feel the that overwhelming sense of anticipation, will I grow to love it like one of the family? Will it suck my wallet dry like the high class whore my GTR is?

Hi Folks

If I can introduce myself. I'm a R33 GTR owner wrestling with the idea of switching to a Z. I happened to be in a Nissan showroom in Manchester staring at a stunning blue Z not realising that it belonged to Jacko. We chatted and he recommended I say hello and see what 350Z ownership is all about.

The question is, will I regret swapping my GTR for a Z? Probably not.

Will I climb into a Z and feel that overwhelming sense of anticipation? Yes.

will I grow to love it like one of the family? Definitely.

Will it suck my wallet dry like the high class whore my GTR is? Is the Pope a catholic?

Oh and :welcome:

Hey buddy and welcome.

Take one for a test drive and you will see its not all about speed :D

I will ask you one question, and that is...... once you have taken one out for a drive come back on this forum and tell us it did'nt put a big cheesy grin on your face :teeth:

Welcome Sean. Now you've got a mighty fine motor there already in the R33, they certainly do go. ;) As the other guys have said, take one or a few for a whirl and then see what you think. If it were me, I think I'd look at keeping the R33 and getting the Z as well if that's viable. They're both quite different beasts. The R33's are pretty sort after.

They're both quite different beasts. The R33's are pretty sort after.

Not over here they're not. Mate of mine has a 34 and says the 32 is the best but still wants a 34 v-spec nur II but at 50 - 70k euro he'll have to wait.

Welcome Sean. As Bronzee said they're completely different cars.

Guy

If I had a choice between the following:

R32 R33 R34 350z...

My heart and love would say R34

My Mind would say 350z

My wild and if on a budget soul would say R32

R34 is the Daddy imo, you cant get better than that, id buy that over a Lambo or Porka anyday

350z is the sensible newish hassel free sensible path to follow

R32 are better built that the R33 and lighter, the only thing Id change immediatly are the oem brakes, as they are proned to go wrong

:scare:

Difficult really - having come from 200SX's and haviong driven/drifted a few mates skylines (R32 is the only way IMO ;)) I think youd probably find the 350 more fun down a country road, due to the smaller size, the squirtability and lack of laaag, but it doesnt have the awesome grip or top end grunt that a GTR does. Mine still feels a bit special to drive but then Ive only had it a couple of weeks :thumbs:

My fast 200 has about 310hp and feels faster than the Z, but I like the lack of turbo lag and the way you can pick a tighter line in it.

The obvious answer is to go drive it and see what you think, but I reckon youd be happy enough. There are alternatives to Middlehurst and Abbey for servicing these as well ;):D

Welcome to the site! :thumbs:

As for Skyline to a Zed, you will get a more attractive car a start. Modding it to the potential Skyline power could cost a bit more without that initial turbo tuneability. But a 400bhp + twin turbo Zed looks to be like a fair comparison - check out TDi. ;)

Cheers Guys

I'll try and explain my dilemma in what approaches the Queens English.

My 33 is approaching rebuild / refresh terratory which I'm told (by RB Motorsport) will cost me £4500. As much as I love my 33 I'm wondering if I should throw that kind of money at a 10 year old car that will start to cost me more and more (especially fighting the bastard rust!).

At the moment my car is tuned for response and isn't laggy at all, any rebuild would be to enhance that in preference to out right top end.

So, baring in mind I want to do a tunnel run of western Europe in the next 24 months - Do I

A) Rebuild my Skyline into a B road blaster and GT god(zilla)

B) Buy a newer and hopefully longer lasting car that I hope will still have me grinning like loon but without the 'will it be this trip that something finally goes feeling'

I love the idea of a two seater more then a 4 seater and the Z cockpit is light years ahead of the 33

But

I can't believe the Z is lardier then my GTR! + TT's or Supers are not an option financially.

Now for some Pics

1sideangleyesur3.jpg

1sideviewyes2ku0.jpg

1lookdownmn5.jpg

dscn1504zi2.jpg

:welcome:

Hi mate

Was it you I met in a motorway service station in June? I parked next to (possibly) you and your girlfiend?

Pretty sure its not AndyC, think you said it was Jacko :)

Sorry I should have explained more clearly, I met Jacko in a Nissan garage in Manchester on Monday. I met another guy from Manchester with a blue Z last June. He mentioned this site and was just wondering if it was the same guy. He was a nice chap BTW, he was probably as guilty as any one of planting the 350Z seed in my head(lol)

Hi mate

Was it you I met in a motorway service station in June? I parked next to (possibly) you and your girlfiend?

Sorry I should have explained more clearly, I met Jacko in a Nissan garage in Manchester on Monday. I met another guy from Manchester with a blue Z last June. He mentioned this site and was just wondering if it was the same guy. He was a nice chap BTW, he was probably as guilty as any one of planting the 350Z seed in my head(lol)

If he had grey hair and looked about 45 but is actually about 32 then it could of been him :lol::p

Hi mate

If he had grey hair and looked about 45 but is actually about 32 then it could of been him :lol::p

(lol) It was a guy in his late 20's with his rather attractive girlfriend. He was kind enough to answer all my questions about the Z

Hi mate

(lol) It was a guy in his late 20's with his rather attractive girlfriend. He was kind enough to answer all my questions about the Z

PMSL @ late 20's :lol: