GTR lover looking for advice

Sean

Buy a newer and hopefully longer lasting car that I hope will still have me grinning like loon but without the 'will it be this trip that something finally goes feeling'

I know it so well. As I say to my mates, turbo Nissans are reliable cars until you start messing with them. They then become "somewhat unpredictable" as regards reliability. ;)

A lot of the reason I chose my Z over the other cars I was considering (S15 Silvia, B10 Alpina amongst others) was the simple fact that it was newer and less likely to go wrong. Its been a long time since Ive had a car that I get into knowing that Im going to get to my destination without oily fingers (and oily fingerprints all over the bonnet) :D

I go to Le Mans every year and will take the Z this year - first time Ill be able to participate in the burnouts, rather than just watch and say "If only I had my Nissan here .........." B)

Buy a newer and hopefully longer lasting car that I hope will still have me grinning like loon but without the 'will it be this trip that something finally goes feeling'

I know it so well. As I say to my mates, turbo Nissans are reliable cars until you start messing with them. They then become "somewhat unpredictable" as regards reliability. ;)

A lot of the reason I chose my Z over the other cars I was considering (S15 Silvia, B10 Alpina amongst others) was the simple fact that it was newer and less likely to go wrong. Its been a long time since Ive had a car that I get into knowing that Im going to get to my destination without oily fingers (and oily fingerprints all over the bonnet) :D

I go to Le Mans every year and will take the Z this year - first time Ill be able to participate in the burnouts, rather than just watch and say "If only I had my Nissan here .........." B)

One of my ambitions is to do a tour of Europe (and its tunnels) I would desperately like to do it in the King of GT cars but even with a rebuild and all the majors taken care of I'd still be whispering sweet nothings to the old girl. I'd love to do Le Mans as well, maybe be 2008 - Its not far really (lol)

Hi Folks

If I can introduce myself. I'm a R33 GTR owner wrestling with the idea of switching to a Z. I happened to be in a Nissan showroom in Manchester staring at a stunning blue Z not realising that it belonged to Jacko. We chatted and he recommended I say hello and see what 350Z ownership is all about.

The question is, will I regret swapping my GTR for a Z? Will I climb into a Z and feel the that overwhelming sense of anticipation, will I grow to love it like one of the family? Will it suck my wallet dry like the high class whore my GTR is?

Hi Sean, glad to see you came over here and said hello...... us lot here will help where we can. As I said at the time, think you need to get out in a test drive etc...... think the zed will be different animal than your R33 (obviously) but I think you'll love it as a every day proposition.... :thumbs: