The Nissan Dealer made me do it - My build thread

Jonnymonno

• 2 weeks later...

Well made it back from the Ring in one piece and still buzzing!!!

We set off last Friday morning at 2.30am from Stoke, my Zed, my mate Dave's roadster Zed and our Transit crew bus full of kit.

After a Macdonalds early morning break at Clackets Lane Services we arrived at the Eurotunnel at 7.30am and boarded the 8.10am crossing

137ca1a74ca978d7b917a29170ea5ef0.jpg

We arrived in France and filled up with fuel and set off towards Belgium just once getting stuck in traffic and then on to Germany

bdd75e457d7deb356248d55376b165da.jpg

We took our time and got to Nurburg at 3.00pm and booked in to our lodge and all piled in the van for the obligatory supermarket run for the weekends food and 10 crates of the local Bitburger and Erdinger lager

Those of you that have been to the ring will know that the Aldi supermarket backs on to the track and loading up in the car park we heard cars hammering around the track!!! They had opened it for two hours, 5.00pm

until 7.00pm, it was 6.15pm, too late to go and get the cars but we were only minutes away with the van so crates and shopping in the back off we went and here we are six of us shopping and all

b5fcd09e4020c31928d1476382a35050.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The next day after a great night in Adenau we set off for the track at 10.30am allowing for the damp patches through the forest section to clear, after checking tyres pressures and oil and cameras on I got out onto the track through the barrier at 11.30am.

Now I've used the car on the roads with the Torqen R coilovers SPL suspension and big brake kit from Adrian but not really pushed it so I decided to build up speed and let the tyres warm up, but the first tight bend after the start straight I knew the car was planted and the brakes just unbelievable, two miles in to the track and I started pushing really hard I realised it was money well spent

3f2c2499820b60a8fefa1b7755a23c73.jpg

The car is now a totally different animal, giving me the confidence to go into corners faster knowing the brakes haul me up with hardly an fading (a big issue last year with the standard Akebono's)

04d34496dd8100e7d47ac3bb3c2f038c.jpg

The coilovers and SPL suspension set up is just unbelievable, the car is now a track hooligan and on the third lap after pushing a bit too hard it broke away coming into Brunchen but the Racelogic system set at 10% dragged me back into line (time to calm down I think)

a76d0e932c3ca9f011b5b2a4d3921d97.jpg

563dedf1c253a007e8c0a77e73da9a47.jpg

• Like 3

Happy to hear the awesome feedback for the TORQEN Monster BBK and the TORQEN R coilovers, John! Means a lot to have them tested on Nurburgring track, by somebody that knows the track very well.

We have some more amazing products in the pipeline, to be unveiled soon. We're also working with RaceLogic to release a complete plug and play kit for the 370z first, then the 350z HR and 350z, which will be called TORQEN Traction Controller.

Good to hear you're happy with the SPL stuff we've transplanted from my car into yours, as I always said, it will transform your car, nothing out there comes any close to the quality and performance of the SPL camber arms, traction links, drop links, etc.

Onto the supercharger next, not long now! :)

Next time you're going to the ring I'll be joining you for some fun :D

Edited by octet@TORQEN
  • Like 3

Looks like you guys had fun👠Lovely pics and feedback.

+1 on the sighting lap with the Van and also getting on track later in the morning to avoid damp patches. I do this or get feedback from the locals to know when the coast is clear for maximum attack!

• Like 1

How shiny is that Roadster?! It looks amazing (says the man with an identical car apart from the wheel colour haha!)

It had been a cat D write off and has had a poor re spray tbh but we give it a good polish and it came up quite well

The nose cone is the worst part ( notice the missing filled in badly headlamp washers) but mechanically the car is spot on

Here's some more pictures of our trip, please excuse the quality of some of these as they are stills taken from footage on the track

Hope you like them

46f1e8d0e541a4051fba7345379f2f8f.jpg

Tyre pressures and oil check before leaving for the track

b7a394d484c3e3753516a24152219ae8.jpg

At the barriers in the van before the sighting lap

3b2b46ad26a45b0a5938598c952d6825.jpg

Adrian's Torqen brakes... Awesome

b539d2574552754f40910b4d8be20e89.jpg

0a184dd7803425989f1fc18b2ebc56cc.jpg