Black box stuck to windscreen?

steve916

I've been meaning to ask about this for a while now.

What is the small rectangular black box with a wire coming from it, that's stuck to the inside of the windscreen just up behind the rear view mirror?

I'm guessing it's something to do with the alarm, as it doesn't seem to be fitted to JDM's.

phone ?

I don't know your number.

Oh, you mean it could be for the phone ;)

I just wondered if somebody knew what it definitely is. So far I've only managed to narrow down the fact that it's not on jdms.

Which part for the phone could it be? The Bluetooth sits in the cubby hole, the microphones in the dash, and the voice comes through the speakers. The mystery continues :)

Any photo?

I have one too and assumed it was to do with the alarm. Ive since took it to pieces, found its a GPS antenna for an RAC trackstar device installed in the car. Am in discussions with them regarding how to get the system working again.

Any photo?

I have one too and assumed it was to do with the alarm. Ive since took it to pieces, found its a GPS antenna for an RAC trackstar device installed in the car. Am in discussions with them regarding how to get the system working again.

I'll try get some photos tomorrow. Have seen it in a few zeds now.

Again, on my rear brace I have a GSM antenna, part of the tracker system...

Car wasn't fitted with sat nav. I have seen this little box on other cars too and am beginning to wonder if Nissan did a deal with RAC to offer trackers at point of sale.

have you got an upgraded headunit because it could be the digital radio antenna, I had a new headunit installed this week and have a little black box wiv a copper wire stuck to the windscreen

Yes, but I fitted it myself. The box was there before.

As we have already established. Its either the antenna to a tracker, possibly an RAC trackstar, or the antenna for the phone cradle. Remember, we now all have Bluetooth in there, but you can get phone adaptors that fit in there too where the phone docks into the car itself. Older nokias used to have an external antenna port for this purpose.

If you take the plastic off you can clearly see its an antenna of some sort.