Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

• 3 weeks later...

Bah! Reggie's thrown some codes and running ridiculously rich.

O2 sensors banks 1 and 2 low voltage P0131 and P0151. The AFR was reading between 10-11, and no power to speak of.

Popped the hood and checked for boost leaks, nothing I can see immediately wrong but one of the pulley idlers is rattling and can be wobbled by hand.

I've reset the ECU and will investigate further when the engine has cooled sufficiently.

Car to Jez for a look tomorrow.

This depresses me. Time to sell up and get a diesel estate with no mods. :-/

• Like 1

You will see my car there ...... Again!!

Had the air temp sensor put in the inlet mani and mapped for proper intake temps . Also some modded intake pipes to sort out the slight hesitation on part throttle . Jez is mapping it as we speak :)

...... Feel your pain !! Modded cars is sometimes a headache . Gtr on the horizon I reckon ;)

• Like 1

https://vimeo.com/133484090

I reset the ECU with the pedal dance, and the pending codes went. The stored ones are still there. What it does seem to have done is bring the AFR back to normal ish.

That pulley I zoomed in on is the one that wobbles a bit.

Here's what I measured as AFR when I thought that I could smell a lot of unburned fuel... Eek!

f276df7520a4808e458fd76eb283f0d5.jpg

Had the air temp sensor put in the inlet mani and mapped for proper intake temps . Also some modded intake pipes to sort out the slight hesitation on part throttle . Jez is mapping it as we speak :)

...... Feel your pain !! Modded cars is sometimes a headache . Gtr on the horizon I reckon ;)

I spoke to Jez about this actually. Sounds wise. Also about he frozenboost, and actually that my heat issues only started when I got the oil cooler! That thing is a huge heat pump straight into the inlet.

• Like 1

I spoke to Jez about this actually. Sounds wise. Also about he frozenboost, and actually that my heat issues only started when I got the oil cooler! That thing is a huge heat pump straight into the inlet.

Nick has managed to fit his frozen boost .... May well be worth chatting to him about the install . I'll let you know how the rest of the work goes with mine as it would be beneficial for yours also if it all works .

Where is your oil cooler located ? On the right as you look at the front , directly under the air filters?

Edited by Bodyboarder81

John's car is there as well, left it for tuning on Friday :) Have a look at the Stillen front bumper and FrozenBoost.

Oh definitely! I want to see that stillen bumper. Good cooling apparently.

John's car is there as well, left it for tuning on Friday :) Have a look at the Stillen front bumper and FrozenBoost.

Only nicks car left for a full house then !!

He's going back to Litchfield, speak to him.

Oh definitely! I want to see that stillen bumper. Good cooling apparently.

Got a one more in stock. :)

Nick has managed to fit his frozen boost .... May well be worth chatting to him about the install . I'll let you know how the rest of the work goes with mine as it would be beneficial for yours also if it all works .

Where is your oil cooler located ? On the right as you look at the front , directly under the air filters?

Bang central, next to the intakes.

97c9d60d2503ae0f4c3e9d040f1ca621.jpg

10aaad855f74bdada56bc0c56d39e009.jpg

Ya I can see why your intake temps have gone up ! And i guess that's blocking air to the charger rad as well ?

Thing is move it back and your oil gets quite warm

Not out of control warm but definitely warmer

I'm back to Litchfield soon I keep getting a engine light flicker at low revs say 2000 ish on load

It could be related to the code that it threw up of p1233 but could also be knock so need to be sure

Also needs mapping to suit cooler temps now tho