can't identify me exhaust

fake ben taylor

Hi,

Recently bought a 350z which came with an aftermarket exhaust and y pipe fitted but I can't for the life of me identify it.

Hard to get pictures of it whilst its on the car but...

It goes to a single pipe after y-pipe with an oval silencer and then just behind rear subframe splits off again and enters a large rear silencer from each side and then exits in two places into two slash cut tail pipes.

Its almost a dual rear box but with a single pipe between y-sections?

Fait enough, I won't worry about chopping it up then :D

Can't see a similar one on crapspeeds website?

Come on Ben, go take a phone pic of it now and post it on the 350z facebook page so we can all have a look :lol:

That is very interesting indeed, looks pretty decent TBF. It doesn't look like any Japspeed I have seen, it also looks like its been on there a while. Is the car a Jap import by any chance? Might help track it down. It's a full system, YPipe, mid pipe and back box. :)

Its a full system (cat back) and is very quiet. Think it was 87db measured at cadwell, might have been 84db and fits very well.

It isn't a jap import. A UK car, I bought it from someone who had bought it as a half finished twin turbo project but they got the car running and sold it and the turbo kit on separately.

And yeah it does look like its been on there a long time

It's deffo a weird one this. Looks like its mild steel. The mid pipe silencer looks OEM but the split at the rear of the pipe is unique, also doesn't look like its been replaced for the original. The back box also has that flange around the edge like the OEM unit. It looks though to be 3" right through. Those flange connectors also look OEM. The pipes look mandrel bent and the welds look pretty decent. :blush: