Nissan 350Z- Replacing Headunit help please?

Tricey27

Hi, i finally managed to get a Z yesterday so just settling down with it, but I have a new stereo I have to fit for it. I have spoken to Halfords and they have told me no fascias panel is required, i have the ISO harness adapter PC2-76-4 and the head unit. Will this got straight into the gap once i have removed existing radio? Does anyone know which harness is required for use of steering wheel control? Many thanks

Hi, i finally managed to get a Z yesterday so just settling down with it, but I have a new stereo I have to fit for it. I have spoken to Halfords and they have told me no fascias panel is required, i have the ISO harness adapter PC2-76-4 and the head unit. Will this got straight into the gap once i have removed existing radio? Does anyone know which harness is required for use of steering wheel control? Many thanks

Eventhough the headunit you have (Pioneer, similar to mine) is a double din like the Bose, you will need a fascia panel as the securing fixings are different. When I ordered my headunt I bought

1. Fascia panel

2. Steering wheel control harness

3. Harness adapter (from Bose connevtions to Pioneer

4. Headunit.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fitted one, not plug and play. Once you have the adaptors and facia, and maybe cut and splice the harness adaptor wires as the outputs from the replacement HU are really low in comparison to the originals, then I had the headlining down to run the mic wire, centre console out, transmission tunnel out to route phone, Usb, handbrake splice and cable to antenna which I ran on to the rear shelf so also removed sub and some rear panelling. It's a pain!

To be honest a good audio place with do if for a few quid.... Order all the leads you need as I done. One thing you need to keep in mind is you will no longer get voice prompts on your sat nav, your steering wheel controls also nee the correct adapter leads so they will work.

Haha it's not bad at all...hardest biti s just squeezing all the cables in.

yep, did mine yesterday but abandoned it - just could't get the adapter cables in the back without trashing the flimsy way the HU is attached to the console ie 2 screws - but wasn't designed for all that force

anyway, didn't like the way the HU jutted out - wasn't flush with the console :p

Haha it's not bad at all...hardest biti s just squeezing all the cables in.

yep, did mine yesterday but abandoned it - just could't get the adapter cables in the back without trashing the flimsy way the HU is attached to the console ie 2 screws - but wasn't designed for all that force

anyway, didn't like the way the HU jutted out - wasn't flush with the console :p

Best thing is not to re-attach the HU to the console, instead take the metal braces off the OEM HU and attach them to the new HU and then attach that to the bulkhead.

Also, remove the white AC controller box, stuff all your wires and then remount the white box, there is loads of room back there.

This pic is before I had my Alpine amp and ran in-line volume boosters, all neatly tucked away in centre console, including all harnesses (and there is still a little room)

DSC02137.jpg