wheels security

Spatt

got my Volks on the car and although i hadn't given it much thought... people are saying im crazy just having 17mm nuts holding them on.

Do they do some 'nice looking' locking nuts or do i have to get a standard 'locking nut'

i have the GT50 nuts at the moment and they look really nice with my new wheels

just wondered what people are doing to secure their wheels

Matt

hmm interesting outlook.. im not worried about coming home from work to find my zed on bricks but i do wonder if im going somewhere in the car, i guess you just dont leave it somewhere where your not happy

this was my thought.. they might think twice about it..

shame they all look rubbish tho huh?

shame that they dont get killed by a ninja dart or something when they start to undo them.. Anyone seen that stick death thing?

I came to the conclusion that if they want my wheels then they are going to take them, it's not a crime of opportunity really so I'd imagine they would turn up with something to remove locking nuts too.

Locking wheel nuts only cause trouble. If they want the wheels, they'll get the wheels.

Everywhere I go...
  • Like 1

this was my thought.. they might think twice about it..

shame they all look rubbish tho huh?

shame that they dont get killed by a ninja dart or something when they start to undo them.. Anyone seen that stick death thing?

Most of the nice wheel nuts have a special socket (6 sides rather than std 5 side socket, or something like that), a std socket wont undo them so kind of a deterrent :)

Or tuner nuts use like a large allen key style adapter.

Edited by Jetpilot

Its a no brainer for me, when pikeys are happy to cut out cats they wont think twice about taking 4 alloys they can weigh in for 50 quid either. For the sake of a £15 set of lockers it stops the opportunists, its difficult to remove 4 locking nuts without making a shedload of noise as well :)