What Camera should Wasso buy me?

Keyser

OK Then you photo buffs I need a new camera as I am getting a large number of complaints about the photos in my build threads

I don't know why I bother with you lot, you complain if I don't update you complain if I do :lol:

Any way I need a new camera with the following criteria,

1. Must have macro as I do some close up shots of my work

2. must have flash as I do a lot of work in the evenings

3. Must make me look like David Bailey - not really but if you don't ask you don't get

4. Must be cheap - I have destroyed several cameras in the Zed Shed so I am not taking my Canon EOS out there!!! Also so Wasso can afford it :)

5. Must be digital so I can upload to keep you lot happy.

That's about it - Last one cost £20 from Argos and is not very good one before that was £10 and lasted 2 nights before I binned it as it didn't take a picture you could use :doh:

So come on what's the best budget bit of kit going to be????

• Like 1

Maybe a new buster that's not so ham fisted with camera's.... :lol:

Sorry dudes I couldn't resist, love seeing threads started by you guys. I know it's well out of your price range but would a gopro with a good housing suit the conditions and you can also use it for track days etc?

I've not got one but seriously looking at the hero 4.

Sorry dudes I couldn't resist, love seeing threads started by you guys. I know it's well out of your price range but would a gopro with a good housing suit the conditions and you can also use it for track days etc?

hero 4 is awesome

hero 4 is awesome

Yeah trying to convince myself but maybe a hero that £100 will do keyser multi use but not sure if still quality and doubt it will be good at macro :

Edit. Bloody iOS replaced keyser with Jetset :lol:

Edited by Fodder

I have a GoPro did the time lapse on it got the Hero 3 Black - also use it for my track vids - I just need a cheapo point and shoot for the Zed Shed and general Projects the Cannon was over £500 with the lens - not going to get that covered in paint and crap - I'm thinking one of these shock proof ones might be the way forward.

@ Octet - he came up with the idea on my build thread I'm just following up :lol:

I recon he reads my thread and is never sure if my pics are blurry or he has had more wine than he thought - Andybp let the cat out of the bag when he said they all looked blurry to him - mind you he got dragged down the road by his Zed the other day - how do we know he is seeing clearly????

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

I have a GoPro did the time lapse on it got the Hero 3 Black - also use it for my track vids - I just need a cheapo point and shoot for the Zed Shed and general Projects the Cannon was over £500 with the lens - not going to get that covered in paint and crap - I'm thinking one of these shock proof ones might be the way forward.

@ Octet - he came up with the idea on my build thread I'm just following up :lol:

I recon he reads my thread and is never sure if my pics are blurry or he has had more wine than he thought - Andybp let the cat out of the bag when he said they all looked blurry to him - mind you he got dragged down the road by his Zed the other day - how do we know he is seeing clearly????

Have you looked at using your gopro for stills? Maybe get a tripod to use it with. I'm thinking the res is more than good enough for tinterweb and I'm guessing the blurr is down to grabbing the camera for a quick snap, you aren't going to get a cheap camera which will give perfect results

^^^ It's a fair point - tripod is OK for a static job but not so much good for different angles also If I'm spraying I would have to move it as the over-spray fills the air - that's why everything in my garage has a green tint to it - ask DarrenB :lol:

I also don't have the bacpack so I can't frame the shots with a GoPro - but you are right I grab the camera quite often one handed while holding/balancing something in the other hand often with gloves on not to mention paint, oil or filler all over my hands - snap a quick pic and carry on.

Could probably go up to £50 I suppose and just try and take a bit more care of it and Wasso is putting in £3.99 so that will cover a 1kb memory card :lol:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

If you are using a smartphone you don't need the backpack. I know it's another device you will need just to take a photo but may help make the decision of using the go pro for stills. The go pro app is pretty good

Its a good point and I do have the app on my phone - but I leave the phone in the house when spraying as at £300 + for a smartphone I'm not risking that either.

Basically the camera needs to be almost disposable which is why I use £20 ones if I drop a gearbox on it I won't loose any sleep - start smashing up £200+ bits of kit and I will be annoyed to put it mildly.

The basic feed back is - use a cheap camera - get crap pics.

So what I thought is I could take a pencil and paper out with me and draw you all pics so you know what is happening - like they do in a court case :lol: