stance queen turned drift/street car

dougie350

UH OHHHH

well ive managed to get hold of a wing..... and its f**king massive! just what i wanted. the end plates are going to be different to the ones in the pic, probably not so lairy, im going to get some custom made up solid uprights laser cut too so will look pretty similar to the big countr labs set up.

wing2_zpsuu5w1tgr.jpg

wing_zps7xbkb6zg.jpg

i know its not to everyones taste but the world would be pretty dull if we all liked the same.

hopefully it will turn out something like this.........

wing%203PG_zpsuc6tzg1d.jpg

stay tuned.....

• Like 1

well.......

decided to have a uick test fit of the wing, it came with some ghetto 10mm perspex uprights so thought i may as well see how it looks, where the wing sits and the sweep back on it is pretty close to what i want, i just need to make some beefier uprights out of steel or alloy and the uprights are going to sit further apart right near the edge of the boot.

but heres something what it might look like though

wang3.png_zpskolxkor3.jpeg

wang1.png_zpsfani6pno.jpeg

wang2.png_zpsr8pyxk4m.jpeg

hate away ;)

zzz3_zpsitwt9stk.jpg

Erm... Is it me or am I seeing brake discs are blue...?

Yeh man I had a little bit of blue paint left over from something I was painting so thought I'd spray it on the discs and see what it looked like!

Reflection from the blue containers would be my guess ! Looks cool though. Haha

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

Wouldn't stay like that I sure. Just surface coating like black diamond etc.

Yeh mate it does say on the site that it'll wear away eventually, would look cool when new though! How's your car dude? Any more ring trips?

• 3 weeks later...

little update for you all.......

well drift matsuri 2016 was insane..... rockingham has proved to be an amazing venue, it had a lot to live up to to beat anglesey but it really was as good (maybe better) the tracks were amazing, the organisation was good and everyone had a great time which is what its all about.

all ready and packed :)

mat1_zpsdi82wliz.jpg

It was split into 3 seperate tracks, track one utilised the outer wall which was basically manjis around tire walls and you could run as close as you want to the wall, the second was very similar but the last corner (manji) was straight into the pit lane so that was pretty cool, the third track was on the infield circuit, i mostly spent my time on this one as it had everything you could ever want, long fast straights, technical bends, s bends, and fast long corners it was amazing, really quick flowing and good fun, ive never drifted a track at such speed, i was easily pushing 90mph + manjis on the straight!!

Everything went well on the day, car ran faultlessly and i was really happy with my driving, apart from one little off where my car decided to eat my splitter :wacko: and also my front arch decided it wanted to fold into the tyre :lol:

mat12_zpss8f2oyjs.jpg

mat10_zpskvb524o6.png

mat3_zpsqoyj2uas.jpg

I decided to buy new tyres to drift on for the event, now my camber is alot closer to 0 on the back i wanted to use it to its full potential, i bought the cheapest 245 45 18s i could find and some "haida's" came up trumps at £70 a pair. i thought they were going to last a little longer than they did though, a pair of tyres lasted 3 laps of the infield track :lol: but i was going for it 100% and creating some pretty epic smoke clouds which put alot of higher powered cars to shame B)

here are a few photos people got of me.

mat8_zpsg27wgkxn.jpg

mat4_zpsdtlqetex.jpg

mat6_zpsghfxknsg.jpg

mat9_zpshccel38u.jpg

mat7_zpsca4erqjv.jpg

managed to get a garage this year too which was a massive bonus somewhere to keep all your stuff safe is awesome, i was sharing a garage with a friend who was unveiling the new look for his 2016 comp car, a 1977 toyota celica. it is a very beautiful car.

mat2_zpsfo5she6e.jpg

a fellow drifter snapped some pics on the way home too and kindly sent them too me.

mat11_zpsoaodpko3.jpg

mat5_zpskepwfeo8.jpg

unfortunately not alot on the mods front lately as matsuri has rinsed me :lol: although should be getting my big wing sorted in the next week or two, along with a new splitter which i should be sorting out this week and also some side step diffuser things...... i also have a secret snazzy feature i will be adding....10 points if you can guess what it is.......its going to be bright and colourfull ( and very 1995) :lol:

* the car is also going to be touched up with a bit of paint as its looking a bit haggard at the moment......

Edited by dougie350
  • Like 2

Looks pretty awesome fun man

How many tyres you go through over the weekend?

cheers man, yeh it was awesome! i took 8 brand new tyres and killed them all in 3/4 of a day. i was only drifting on the saturday!

**** that's a fair few. £££

Any clues for this surprise 90s new mod?