Anyone using a dash cam?

sipar69

Hey folks,

I've been looking at getting a dash cam but I'm a bit unsure about how easy it is to hide the power cable that has to run to the 12v socket. Anyone using a cam and managed to hide the wires successfully? I'm assuming it's a case of running it around the edge of the windscreen, down the A pillar etc...

Cheers :)

I've run mine down to the fuse box in the drivers side foot well and used the power master thingy + bringing a rear cam from the back to the front is also not an issue

just tucking it into the trim was far easier than I thought it was going to be

I suspect though it maybe more awkward to get it into the 12v socket in the middle

go for it :thumbs:

I'm running one and its easier than you think. Mine is running along the head lining which is easy and down the windscreen column which is no issue. I then run it behind the plastic door sills and behind the drivers seat to the 12v adapter. Really is a five min job at the most.

Edited by Payco

as Payco also said - yep - just tucks in - the only trim I removed was the A pillar and that just clipped off with some gentle teasing and pulled off the door rubber seal at the head to run the cable from the rear

as Payco also said - yep - just tucks in - the only trim I removed was the A pillar and that just clipped off with some gentle teasing and pulled off the door rubber seal at the head to run the cable from the rear

You gentle teaser you :winkiss:

:thumbs:

seal10.jpg

What one are you going for?

I was thinking of this one as it's not very expensive and seems to get very good reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-DrivePro-Video-Recorder-Built-In-Black/dp/B00GRYT5QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423220235&sr=8-1&keywords=transcend+drivepro+200

The Blackvue ones look great but quite pricey.

What one are you going for?

I was thinking of this one as it's not very expensive and seems to get very good reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-DrivePro-Video-Recorder-Built-In-Black/dp/B00GRYT5QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423220235&sr=8-1&keywords=transcend+drivepro+200

The Blackvue ones look great but quite pricey.

Looks ok, I have a blackvue front & rear set up, got a good deal on it but still pricey. At the end of the day it is something you fit and then forget about until you need it so fancy ones are a little bit OTT really

• Like 1

Have a look at the Mi Witness system, took 10 minutes to fit and plugs into the power point in the passenger side. I have one fitted to the Zed which was excellent for recording laps on the Nurbugring and you can live feed it to a smart phone.

Also my son thought he would take my car out for a spin last year when I went on holiday. You should have seen his face when I presented him with the evidence as he didn't know it was fitted :))

• Like 1