350z buying advice - is this worth what they're asking?

rasco

So I'm intent on buying a Z now, in either Azure blue or Chilli Red (would be much easier buying silver/black but all the cars I've had already were those kind of colours and fancy something a bit brighter :) )

Ideally I'd like to buy a car from this forum, as chances are it'll have been looked after more than most (plus mods would be a plus). Budget would be anywhere up to £8k really, but £7k preferable. What should this get me? I ask because people are asking a lot for cars in these colours compared to black/silver etc, which I guess is down to the rarity. But take this one for example:

www.emgmotorgroup.com/used-cars/search/11546/nissan-350-z

It looks well looked after, last owner has had it for 7 years, and it has some very nice extras (kit and wheels). But the dealer wont budge much (if at all) below the asking price, which seems really high to me. But what I wanted to know is, do sellers actually achieve these prices at the moment? What are your recent selling/buying experiences?

If I'd been looking at the time SamN was selling his Z last year, I'd have snapped it up. I thought it was very reasonably priced (If anything it seems like prices have gone up since last year). Very surprised it ended up at trade-link, and not bought by an individual....

I've been contacted by some very nice people on here in reply to my wanted advert, but not quite found "the one" yet. Really nice guy on here considering selling his turbo Z, which I'd love to buy but don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough (plus I'd require extra funds to buy it), and would love Steve's chilli red 350Z he's advertising at the moment (clearly a loved car), but it's way out of my price range......

Any advice much appreciated :)

Edited by rasco

My car with similar mileage only one year newer 05, with a lot of mods went for less than that. I think the closer to £7K for that one the better. Not that you think of resale values when you buy a car like this as most of the depreciation has been done but when you come to sell you might not get such a favourable price.

Nice car though :thumbs:

It's quite steep but it looks well looked after. If you were to buy one for 6 grand by the time you'd bought the new wheels, mods etc you could have spent that sort of cash anyway.

Its a tough call to make, personally I'd feel much better buying it if they could have shaved something off the price.

I paid 5,900 for mine with 58k on the clock but it's not a GT and is bone stock.

Looks a nice example and I wouldn't say it's massively over priced but I paid that for my GT4 (which seem to fetch a slight premium) with only 36k and in very good condition (apart from the wheels).

Dealers always seem to want a bit more than a similar private sale so may find more for your money in private ads

Cheers all for the replies, appreciated :)

Didn't realise that it would have a nismo exhaust too, that's good to know :)

And yeah, I should probably wait. must....be.....patient..........!

.......or I could save up a bit more and buy waltzinblack's turbo Z....... :teeth:

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like a Nismo exhaust to me, the tips are wrong for starters.

Generally though, I don't think that's too bad of a price for an Azure with a full Nismo kit and wheels? You'll get a bog standard one cheaper no doubt, but if you want to put the kit and wheels on expect to shell out another £3K easily.

Although I had a glance at the same sort of year and mileage on autotrader and theres not that many to compare to that at the moment, it does seem a bit high? I'd be given them about 7K offer for it tbh. My HR in reality with its 55K miles 2008, 58' would only fetch about 9500 off a trade in that before they notice any stone chips etc lol

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like a Nismo exhaust to me, the tips are wrong for starters.

Generally though, I don't think that's too bad of a price for an Azure with a full Nismo kit and wheels? You'll get a bog standard one cheaper no doubt, but if you want to put the kit and wheels on expect to shell out another £3K easily.

That. All of it.

It's not a Nismo exhaust.

It's at the top end of the market no doubt, but it's a low mileage, low tax, GT spec Azure with Nismo bits galore (plus an unidentified after market exhaust) from a dealer.

You may well be able to get a HR for not-much-more-money, but can you get one with a Nismo kit & LMGT's for that?!

Reference number: 536743058

That. All of it.

It's not a Nismo exhaust.

It's at the top end of the market no doubt, but it's a low mileage, low tax, GT spec Azure with Nismo bits galore (plus an unidentified after market exhaust) from a dealer.

You may well be able to get a HR for not-much-more-money, but can you get one with a Nismo kit & LMGT's for that?!

I may be a bit biased but seems good to me as it has all the nismo goodies. The LMGT4's are 18's and not the standard 19's, though doubt that makes little difference. Defiantly not a nismo exhaust, looks more like a miltek to me though it's wonky so doubt it is. Lovely looking zed.

Edited by SHEZZA

I do get what you're saying, but should I be waiting out for something like this to come up again:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85113-genuine-04-nismo-modified-azure-show-winner/

or was that a "once in a blue moon" car.......

That really was the bargain of a lifetime!

I waiting 5 months to try and find an azure nismo

Never found 1 that wasn't abused ! , hence why I brought a standard one and done the kit ect myself !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk