Anyone Know The Car??? 313 Roadster

Hi All

I've put a holding deposit on this http://www.djwoodcock.co.uk/showroom/nissan/350z . Does any one regonise or know any history on it? It's MM07 ORX.

I'm going to look at it in a couple of days and buy it if it's straight. According to the sales guy it's a mixed 7 stamps in the book, first 4 Nissan.

Added extras are parrot Bluetooth and a cobra back box. It may also have k&n panel filters.

The sales guy has told me new elastics for the roof are on order and will be fitted before I buy it. He 'says' the rest of the hood is immaculate and hasn't got any issues I've seen on here with the rear seam splitting or the rivets on on roof bow coming adrift.

Is there anything else I should be checking for, either condition or invoice for work.

Edited by ZedsDeadBabyZedsDead
  • Like 1

Awesome. Reminds me of my HR roadster although mine had the optional alezan orange interior and the optional sat nav as well.

Id check that they have changed the spark plugs as that would have been needed by now on that, regardless of mileage, and check the condition of the aux drive belt on the very front of the engine. Mine seemed to shred them every 20k miles. Nissan said they had no idea why but as it was a "consumable" they wouldnt cover it under any warranty.

With regards to the roof, one of the bow motors always seemed to be a bit weak on them, especially when its cold and the hood material is stiffer. It would get to half way, then struggle. A sound "clout" with your hand or switch it to close slight, then reopen seemed to resolve it. Its as if Nissan knew this would happen as in the manual they say you shouldnt use the hood below a certain temperature. Didnt bother me though, id frequently have the roof down over winter, was great fun with the heaters on - you`d be in this lovely warm bubble of air as you raced down the back roads.

Thanks for all the replies.

Are the plugs a P3 service item or 'if required'

Are the belts easy to change?

As above, the plugs are done on years or mileage. 6 years if I remember rightly on the HR, so should have been done already, although they arent cheap so may have been missed.

The belt is an easy 5 minute job. The first time the belt on my HR shredded at 22k I took it to Nissan as I assumed it would be covered underwarranty. They took an hour and charged me £90. The 2nd time it shredded at 40k I bought the belt off a trader on here (£15 i think it was) and it took me 5 minutes to fit in my driveway. Ive no idea why the belts shredded though as nothing was catching the belt and the pulleys etc all had no play in them. Really odd.

I dont know what is the bigger shock, two sets of belts in 40K or the £90 an hour labour charge :scare:. I thought it was just decorators that charged that much an hour. Is that common for the belts. *newbie Question alert* What do the belts actually connect? Air con and alternator?

I think it was something like £60 an hour plus cost of belt plus VAT. Its just the aux drive belt, so it does alternator/air con etc like you say. I guess the positive thing is that the HR only has the one belt whereas the older zeds have 2.

Anyone know the cause for the roof to tear/get slit at the corners near the doors?

If I remember rightly, the metal frame for the hood pushes against that part quite hard, and after time, it just wears through, or the pressure causes it to rip.