350z GT vs the standard 350z

sailor

Hi, my first post here! I've had a search around the forum but can't find a conclusive answer to my question. I'm sure it's been answered before but I couldn't find it, sorry!

What is the difference with the 350z GT vs the standard 350z? So far as far as I can tell it just means added heated seats and BOSE sound system. Did the GT's come with RAYS wheels too? Most of the ones for sale seem too.

Also, it is worth paying up the extra for a HR model or not? Thanks!

:welcome: or should I say, hello sailor! :lol:

The things you'd really want from the base model are Rays, heated leather and Brembos. Although Rays and Brembos could be specc'ed on a non GT I believe.

I'd say it's worth the slight premium for the GT over standard.

It's definitely worth getting an HR if you have the budget for one though.

• Like 1

Brembo's were standard on all UK cars. Imports are different.

GT pack includes electric/heated leather seats, BOSE and cruise control.

RAYS were optional extras on earlier cars, but became included in the GT pack on later cars - I think it may have been with the facelift, but I'm not certain of that.

General consensus seems to be that the HR is the one to go for, but really there are compromises with either so it may just come down to personal preference. Check out the buying guide.

• Like 1

This ^^^^

IMO buy an HR if your budget allows, otherwise by a facelift 2006 model. The 2006 model may burn a little oil, but it's a small trade off for better interior, lights and a little more power.

• Like 1

buy the best one within your budget - plenty of (possibly ignorant) members on here (me included) are happily running early DE zeds, in contrast to later engined cars, mine has never used a drop of oil in the 3 years i've owned it, in fact its been perfectly reliable bar a replacement battery.

• Like 1

As already been said get the best you can within your budget.

Once I started looking my budget kept growing and growing, but glad I stretched myself for the HR although I have never driven a DE engined model.

They are a great car to own. Just make sure there is a service history and try and find out what fuel has been used. These cars MUST be run on premium fuel.

Love my DE, If its mods youre after then DE may see more gains plus 2006 onwards will clobber you for more road tax, double basically.

All Zeds are great cars though, just ask VBH!! , and for what you get for your money...well, no car rivals it imo.