What kit has my car got?

wicked_initials

So I've had my zed for about 8 months and the only thing I know about it is that the rear bumper is ings+1 or at least that's what I've been lead to believe but the front bumper I can find nowhere...

Maybe there is a build thread on it or the previous owner was at least a member as it does have the forum sticker on the side skirts?

Any ideas?

Thanks

post-22418-0-39241200-1420681269_thumb.jpg

post-22418-0-27953600-1420681354_thumb.jpg

It most definitely has the opposite effect of Zzzz's this thing.. Long days at work and coming home to work on it till way to late and the few hours sleep to start all over again!

Anywho big plans for this beast.. Currently on 73k miles and unfortunately showing it sooo first things first:::

It's currently having a full full service.. Look after it and it will look after you (wallet) and all that jazz!

Oil and filter change

Gearbox oil

Diff oil

Coolant

Clutch fluid

Brake fluid and bleed

Removed air filter - cleaned and resprayed

Iridium spark plugs

Onto more exciting things:: To do and already done!

Exterior:

Replacing all spacers with new 20mm and spraying to gloss black

Replacing the 19" deep dish alloys (that will be for sale) with some 19/20" Nessen forged deep dish - Chrome dish/gloss black spokes

The Tunnel stay is rusted to hell to that's being replaced with an ultra racing 4 point strut brace (hopefully also to stop the exhaust sitting on it)

Replaced exhaust system with Test pipes, Cobra Y pipe and Crapspeed K1 (which really is a shockingly bad fit but a story for another day) a combination for the loudest exhaust system I've ever heard. Going to going to be deaf very soon

Standard suspension is being replaced with some BC Racing BR coilovers I got off a very nice chap in Andover that had a "Stance Zedd" in the best colour - Azure blue!... And stepping stone to a air ride setup!

Eibach camber kit (front and rear) to compliment the above

White line droplinks (front and rear) to handle the extra strain

.... Thoughts? Either the replace the front bumper with AMS GT so it runs with the curves over the rest of the wide arch kit or get the DAMD front bumper fixed?

.. Which leads onto the rear bumper, leave as is or replace with AMS GT rear bumper? :/

Engine:

Upgrade standard plenum to cosworth

Replace drive cogs with lightened aluminium version

Ally Racing rad

Supercharger or turbo maybe.. Although for only 400bhp not sure if it's worth the money as an R8 V10 is on the cards in the coming months anyway as in as well as?!

Interior:

Cream leather seats need a good seeing to so getting them fixed due to bolster wear

Snap off steering wheel (security more than anything)

Replace current alarm with whatever is best on the market plus a tracker

Replace double din kenwood with something that..... Works as already upgraded speakers with Alpine components, DLS a3 and DLS a6 amps (neatly situated in the locked glovebox) a RE SX 10 sub and made custom box that fits under the strut brace in the boot

Replace floor matts made for a fiesta (possibly) with actual genuine floor mats made for the car so that they..... Fit

And a partridge in a pear tree!

Thoughts, opinions and whatnot all appreciated 😊

That zed on stancenation suits the bumper with the added lip. But not a fan of the rear for the 350 personally

Is that the wheels your looking at as well?

I would go for something different. Just my opinion but if I was splashing out on a project car I would want my own mark on it rather than copy someone else

• Like 1

Nope not a massive fan of the rear bumper either so I'm thinking that AMS front bumper with the rest of my kit?

No, the wheels on that one suit it but personally i prefer maybe some s5 or s7.1 with chrome dish and black spoke or vice versa.

Yeah I quite agree, Its my inspiration rather than attempting to copy it. The make of the wheels and maybe front bumper is really the only things I intend to copy from it

Fair enough mate. I obviously didn't read your other post properly :lol:

There was another member on here who bought the car from Jason so you might find more history on here

Looking forward to seeing it develop

AMS GT front is a yes but I'm biased as thats what I went for. I really don't like how the AMS GT rear looks on the 350, looks ace on the 370 but for some reason looks kinda weird on the 350. Rear is ok, there isn't much choices for rear bumpers on the 350 so thats why a lot of people end up with the Chargespeed one as the others are all rubbish :lol:

No, the wheels on that one suit it but personally i prefer maybe some s5 or s7.1 with chrome dish and black spoke or vice versa.

Yeah I quite agree, Its my inspiration rather than attempting to copy it. The make of the wheels and maybe front bumper is really the only things I intend to copy from it

I am not sure its possible not to copy someone elses wheel choice and from what i know, it will be the only 350z in the UK wearing them, so thats pretty unique. My favourite wheels without a doubt, have you checked the price yet :surrender:

Edited by Jetpilot

AMS GT front is a yes but I'm biased as thats what I went for. I really don't like how the AMS GT rear looks on the 350, looks ace on the 370 but for some reason looks kinda weird on the 350. Rear is ok, there isn't much choices for rear bumpers on the 350 so thats why a lot of people end up with the Chargespeed one as the others are all rubbish :lol:

Yeah tend to agree with you there.. Not sure what I think of the AMS rear I'm undecided.. I think exhaust choice, colour combo etc.. All play a part but I'm not that keen on my rear either nor any that I've seen rearly jump out except maybe standard rear with carbon diffuser..

Thoughts?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301453343897

Edited by wicked_initials

Jet pilot: sorry I don't follow? It's not possible not to copy someone else's wheels?

Nope can't see prices for them anywhere but I'm expecting some serious serious wallet damage maybe... Any ideas what they go for?

Thats exactly what I mean, Its not possible not to copy someone elses wheels, except colour ;)

Your looking at about $1000-$1200 each for 19's plus delivery from the states, plus duties, so once landed you probably wont get much change from £4k.

Keep scouring the usa forums for 2nd hand sets but they rarely come up and usually they are silly low et's and mostly 20's.

• Like 1

Fair enough mate. I obviously didn't read your other post properly :lol:

There was another member on here who bought the car from Jason so you might find more history on here

Looking forward to seeing it develop

Haha ok.

Don't happen to remember the name of that person or know where any posts are?

You and me both.. 😊

I believe Av8er was a previous owner of your car.

I am not sure its possible not to copy someone elses wheel choice and from what i know, it will be the only 350z in the UK wearing them, so thats pretty unique. My favourite wheels without a doubt, have you checked the price yet :surrender:

Yes it is ;)

Only thing Id say is that running 20x11 and 20x13 is going to cost and arm and a leg in tyres, and might do very "interesting" things to the handling.