Lemans 2015

HAMLNJ

Hey everyone, I am starting to organise my first lemans trip in my zed. Can anyone that has gone before can they tell me ho much they spent on fuel? Recommended campsites? Problems getting cars in and out? Sorry if this has been discussed before but couldn't find much on this. I have travelled loads around Europe but always been in saloons.

Cheers guys

• Like 1

If youre going to get it done then you need to move fast, I booked our tickets in October IIRC and they were running out then .............

Fuel is about a tank there and another one back if youre near London, we tend to get 1020 Chunnel and arrive about 4pm. No problems with getting cars in, Id strongly recommend Houx/Houx Annexe/Minson Blanche as they are closer to the "main" action :)

Im on my 10th year this year with a team of 25ish, if you go down be sure to say hello :)

• Like 1

i went last year and it was great!

stayed in a camp site called terte rouge that was at the top of a hill looking down onto dunlop bridge etc.

there was actually a 350z in my camp site so i know you can get in no bother, along with a few other nice motors. Some people actually took the kitchen sink with them B)

view from the camp site;

IMG_0907_zpse87190f2.jpg

said kitchen sink....with running hot and cold water may i add;

IMG_0906_zpsab6e0eb6.jpg

from the top of the audi hospitality place;

IMG_0915_zps619ee28d.jpg

and the 350z in terte rouge campsite;

IMG_0980_zpsa6beb00b.jpg

Brilliant , already excited, I better get cracking and book everything, going down in team of 6.

Book through the site and then camping separately?

USe a booking agent, I recommend speed chills - you have to buy two entrance tickets with each camping pitch, costs are about £75 and £120ish respectively :)

• Like 2

Heh Spoorsy, the axure pic in T Rouge is me, 7th year I think, we love that camp site.

This year stop & say hello, we always have beer!!!!

I'll be back there with 1st Tickets on their private camping again this year, looking forward to it.

LM24 is different for everyone, and there's no right or wrong way to do it. I've stayed on circuit doing posh camping, and I've stayed off circuit in a château grounds pikey camping. One meant I was closer to the action and could drink A LOT more, one meant I could take a break and chill out a bit more. Doc's right though, you need to be booking accommodation NOW else you're going to struggle, especially with the changes to the camping sites this year due to the new PEC going up.

Just use an agent, far easier and less aggro. It's a tank of fuel down easy, and depending on what site you're camped in getting cars in or out as you need can vary in difficulty. Food & drink on site are usual festival prices, so about 5EU per beer or burger.

I'm going to be organiser for me and 3 other couples. So an agent sounds amazing, not sure to go posh or pikey though. Either way I'll have to make note and try and say hello to everyone.

Dan I think I'll start booking ASAP!!

Heh Spoorsy, the axure pic in T Rouge is me, 7th year I think, we love that camp site.

This year stop & say hello, we always have beer!!!!

was my first year there, will definitely be going back but dont think it will be this year.

i was looking round for the owner when but could never see you. I wasnt in my 350 mind, we had a pitch further up the site with a "dog buddy" van and an Audi A6 allroad all stickered up, you might have smelt the freshly made curry we made on the BBQ? :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the new camp site Les Epinettes. Similar location to Houx with the added bonus of the tram stop but no power.

We are getting Thursday evening tunnel down and Monday midday back. Means when you get there you can drive on the track before they shut it down Friday morning. Epic fun!

lm24-aco-camping-2015.png

Hey everyone, I am starting to organise my first lemans trip in my zed. Can anyone that has gone before can they tell me ho much they spent on fuel? Recommended campsites? Problems getting cars in and out? Sorry if this has been discussed before but couldn't find much on this. I have travelled loads around Europe but always been in saloons.

Cheers guys

So have you booked anything dude?

I'll be going this year. Will be my 2nd time at Le Mans but the first time I've taken the zed. Booked with Speedchills staying in their private campsite at Beausejour :)

I only got round to booking it last week but they still have some places left. Ferry crossing are getting booked up though.

• 2 months later...

Quick update on my front. I am getting the 19:50 tunnel there on Thursday 11th then 13:20 shuttle back on Monday 15th.

Anyone else camping at the new site Les Epinettes?

Edited by 370Ad