Engine Bay - about to be Hydrodipped

Pritchard

I think i really need to start a build thread about now with everything going on....

anyway,

Gathered enough materials now to send off for some spraying and hydrodipping to be done.

Going for some Orange spraying (to match car colour) with some Green Flames to contrast.

The work is being done by resident traders rEvolve Auto Ltd.

Parts being sent:

kimKZHd.jpg

this is how it will be colour coded:

the items to be dipped

- Engine Cover

- triangle corner sections (black plastic by bonnet hinges)

- air intake pipe (not box)

- base of strut bar

the items to be sprayed in Orange A17 paint code

- Main strut bar

- 'core' strut bar

- battery and bake fluid covers

- 'Z' badge (i have one spare that im sending up, from the front wing).

- Slam Panel

And this is the 'Skull Green Flames' that was recently demo'ed by rEvolve:

IMAG0924_zpsw1cogz7a.jpg

and then of course, some green hoses and cable tidies to loose some of the dull black.

Looking forward to this :)

Pritchard

Quote: "and then of course, some green hoses and cable tidies to loose some of the dull black"

I think having almost every part in your bay painted orange or dipped in green skulls will do a pretty good job of losing some of the full black! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing it all refitted. :thumbs:

I'm having some parts hydro dipped ATM. Can't wait to see the finished items... :ninja:

• Like 1

One burning question, that'll stick out once you refit all this - What have you got planned for the plenum?

that hasnt been forgotten. at the moment its my biggest peeve.

I really dont know.

its a huge peice, so going green flame or orange will i think overpower one or the other massively. giving it a chrome polish isnt what i want to do with it either.

Its part of 'phase2'. :) lets see how it looks after this little collection, then tackle the rest.

• Like 1

Good shout. I think just a good coat of satin black would work well with all the other pieces. It wouldn't overshadow any of the orange and would tie in with the dipped pieces nicely. Just my opinion. See how it looks when it's back together. :thumbs:

Wow that was quick!

Let me know when mine arrives :)

I do applogise in advance for my wrapping ability... crude doesnt come close to describing it. lol.

14n,

Satin black sounds good. I agree with your reasoning. its going to have to be black green or orange in reality, as these 3 colours are present. introducing a 4th colour (inc chrome) i think will just look awful.

as it stand, it currently will be the 4th colour of course. hence why it will need attention :)

Not sure if you've seen my bay or not, but it's orange and, erm, orange! :lol: I think the polished plenum look amazing, and I also have a core strut from the MopedMan which look great polished too.

NBt I have nothing else that's polished in my bay, so, even though I like the shiny plenum, it would not have worked in my bay either. Hence the reason I painted mine....

Orange :teeth:

Not sure if you've seen my bay or not, but it's orange and, erm, orange! :lol: I think the polished plenum look amazing, and I also have a core strut from the MopedMan which look great polished too.

NBt I have nothing else that's polished in my bay, so, even though I like the shiny plenum, it would not have worked in my bay either. Hence the reason I painted mine....

I have seen your bay before :thumbs: I think it was on moped's trader section bit.

Do you have a piccie? i may need refamiliarisation

I have seen your bay before :thumbs: I think it was on moped's trader section bit.

:lol: you definitively have.......you posted it in the message to me when you first asked about dipping!

• Like 1

:lol: you definitively have.......you posted it in the message to me when you first asked about dipping!

Haha! :lol: Did the message follow the line of ".....please don't make it look anything like this :scare: ".