The 2015 F1 chat thread

glrnet

FIA are blaming Jules for the accident for not slowing down sufficiently.. :scare:

They're right. He was still doing 78mph when he hit the crane, and although his engine didn't cut when he hit both pedals it's reasonable to say that although no speed was added, no speed was lost either. 80mph through double waved yellows on tyres past their best in a downforce car with no downforce is reckless at the very least.

Every other drive was just as guilty that day of the same thing: Lewis, Alonso, Button et al. They just got lucky.

If you watched the WEC race at Sao Paulo on Sunday, you would've seen all drivers slow down instantly once they saw the Webber crash, long before the FCY and then the SC were deployed. So much more common sense in that series, all round.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't see there being even 20 races if I'm honest. Be nice, though!

Following up on this, the BBC make a good point.

If the original schedule is over 20 races, then teams get 5 engines next year. If it was 20 or less, they only get 4 engines. So now they can drop Korea and the teams still get 5 engines for next season without any breaking of the rules.

If he's retained then McLaren are silly, or rolling in money.

Really Button should've retained some dignity and quit to go to sportscar racing, and left McLaren with no choice. If KMag gets the boot, that's pretty much the end of his F1 career.

I thought Jules had gone past the waved yellows and just got into a Green flag area. ?

Either way things are not looking good for him, such a shame with potential new talent like his.

Re Button - Why would McLaren be silly ? He did better than Magnusen overall . :p

I think he still has at least one more season before retiring from F1 and personally I do not believe he would lose any dignity if he stayed.

If all the races were wet next year he would probably end up Championship Leader !!! :clap:

Nope, it was still double waved yellows at the point he left the circuit: The green flag was shown (correctly) after the obstruction.

Points per pound of salary, I bet KMag did better than Button. Alonso won't come cheap. A previous WC should not be in the situation where he has no drive lined up at all, and the choice is between him and a rookie who he comprehensively outscored. I don't really rate Button as an all-time great driver, though. He's good, but he's past his best in F1.

• Like 1

FIA are blaming Jules for the accident for not slowing down sufficiently.. :scare:

They're right. He was still doing 78mph when he hit the crane, and although his engine didn't cut when he hit both pedals it's reasonable to say that although no speed was added, no speed was lost either. 80mph through double waved yellows on tyres past their best in a downforce car with no downforce is reckless at the very least.

Every other drive was just as guilty that day of the same thing: Lewis, Alonso, Button et al. They just got lucky.

If you watched the WEC race at Sao Paulo on Sunday, you would've seen all drivers slow down instantly once they saw the Webber crash, long before the FCY and then the SC were deployed. So much more common sense in that series, all round.

If F1 continues the way its going the likes of WTCC and WEC will be taking its global crown as F1 is ran into the ground.

• Like 2

Button.. is best for his previous knowledge with honda. He is reliable and wont ruffle Alonsos feathers too much. Esp as they were teammates at Bennetton years ago. I dont rate magnussen much at all. We know is mot a great qualifier yet he whooped magnussen butt. I think common sense says he should he kept but i dont think Eric Boullier likes button that much. As he said few days ago.. "its not about points scorred"... as button scorred double what Magnussen did. And politics as well will get him out of the car for next year.

The McLaren meeting broke up at 6.45pm with NO decision reached between Button and KMag.

There was a 2 hour Video Conference with Honda with all present as well today.

Maybe Honda will be making the decision, in that case they will keep Button, I'll keep you posted. :thumbs:

This also may be a slight problem. :scare:

Dennis and Saudi businessman Mansour Ojjeh

a former friend with whom Dennis is now at loggerheads

each own 25% of McLaren, with the

Bahraini Royal Family's Mumtalakat investment group owning 50%.

Edited by WhackyWill

Suprised its not been posted already, but on Saturday morning at around 1.30am, 10 guys ram raided Red Bull Racing reception, and stole 60 trophies

I saw that Daryl

Dr Helmut Marko has admitted the chances are high that Red Bull's stolen F1 trophies will be lost forever.

The team confirmed at the weekend that a ram-raid on its Milton-Keynes factory early on Saturday morning resulted in the theft of more than 60 trophies.

German publications confirmed that the actual number is 64, representing almost half of the team's total collection of 142 F1 prizes.

"The trophy case was smashed with a sledgehammer," Marko told Bild newspaper. "They were finished in two and a half minutes."

We suspect that the gang will melt our trophies down, judging by the way they were thrown carelessly into the car.

Dr Helmut Marko

Video footage captured the entire scene, with Marko saying the robbery was carried out by ten masked men who drove a vehicle through Red Bull's glass doors.

"We suspect that the gang will melt our trophies down," Marko told Die Welt, "judging by the way they were thrown carelessly into the car.

"The price of silver is currently very high and they can't be sold because they are too unique," he explained.

Marko said that while the monetary value of the loss is not high, the trophies were priceless to the four-time world champions.

"If you are talking about five to ten pounds of silver per cup, it's a few thousand euros in total. Ridiculous," he said.

Yep, caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, scared the daylights out of the security guard, all for something that can not be sold or anything other than melted down. Pathetic.

Unfortunately Daryl its the society we now live in, there are thieves out there

that will shoot or stab you for a fiver... :rant: :rant: