Brake delay when hitting at top revs

N3me-350z

So I'm having an issue and wondered if someone can help, I've recently gone supercharged and I've now noticed that if I'm pushing hard and slam the brakes on It takes a split second or so for the brakes to engage, can be quite worrying because it feels as if the cars not going to stop, then suddenly it brakes as normal.

So only thing I can think of is I changed to a cosworth intake a while before and had to change the brake hose for a longer one and maybe this new hose is collapsing now when it the intake pressure goes from boost to vacuum.

Only happens when I'm really pushing the car. Does anyone have an idea what it might be?

I'm guessing first thing I should do is get a better vacuum hose and try that but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Did you put a non return valve in between your brake servo & plenum?

I've had this done on my supercharged Zed as the garage that fitted it recommended doing it to prevent boost pressure affecting the brake servo.

Non return valve I bought is this one: http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/nylon-non-return-valve-10mm

I would say check out my build thread but don't think I have a picture. :dry: I'll try to take one now for you. ;)

• Like 2

Opps here's the pic

post-20124-0-45807000-1415735698_thumb.jpg

Just check it works first by blowing through it. Hard to tell from the picture but can't hurt to give it a try.

The nylon one I linked though from Car Builder Solutions is a very solid little piece so should the other one not be up to the task then it's not exactly an expensive part to try. :thumbs:

I had that problem - standard pipe has one in - I think I blew mine up - I just replaced the pipe and that solved the problem.

Double tap the brakes also gets round the problem - I first discovered the exact same brake fail coming into quarries at CC at around 125mph :scare: Hit the brakes nothing - release and press - Phew :scare::drive1:

I assume it is because when you come off high boost the pressure in the plenum goes positive before the blow off valve releases it, servo uses vacuum and you don't get any at that point.

Hope the new valve gets you sorted :thumbs:

• 5 months later...