Atheism.

Zeezeebaba

Also curious who out of people against religion here still celebrate at Christmas time and enjoy a Christmas meal etc

Who still like to have a chocolate egg for easter

Or pancakes on shrove Tuesday

They may have roots in religion, but they're from from strictly religious festivals any more. Haven't been for at least 30 years. It's a poor argument, and one that's been done to death.

I celebrate Christmas as I get time off work and spend it with family and friends.

I celebrate Easter as I like chocolate.

I celebrate Shrove Tuesday as I like pancakes.

The origins of those festivals have zero meaning to me.

• Like 2

Also curious who out of people against religion here still celebrate at Christmas time and enjoy a Christmas meal etc

They may have roots in religion, but they're from from strictly religious festivals any more. Haven't been for at least 30 years. It's a poor argument, and one that's been done to death.

I celebrate Christmas as I get time off work and spend it with family and friends.

i agree but if your so anti religion why you would celebrate something thats even the slightest linked to it was the point

if you dont hate it like an atheist does then thats fine but it your 100% atheist and hate anything linked with the belief of god you would make a point of not doing any of them

Edited by StevoD

i agree but if your so anti religion why you would celebrate something thats even the slightest linked to it was the point

if you dont hate it like an atheist does then thats fine but it your 100% atheist and hate anything linked with the belief of god you would make a point of not doing any of them

atheism is non belief not hatred per say

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

An atheist doesn't believe in the existence of any gods. That's all it means. Admittedly many atheist also hold the same views about religion as many on this thread but not necessarily.

atheism is non belief not hatred per say

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Sorry maybe i should use the term new atheisism

"New Atheism is the name given to a movement among some early-21st-century atheist writers who have advocated the view that "religion should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized, and exposed by rational argument wherever its influence arises."

Which i would say people on here are are doing just that Criticizing it

Edited by StevoD

Just going to say to staff No the below isnt trying to wind anyone up its just a observation.

1-2 weeks ago a Person burnt a poppy seller and comments were made on this forum about it being a case off Religion ie islam/muslim and a large proportion correctly stood up and said you cant say that you don't know what the motivation was

This week We have a religious thread and people saying Religion is the reason of anything Evil and it seems this week there is no issue with accusing religion of the cause of bad doings

This week We have a religious thread and people saying Religion is the reason of anything Evil

Who said that?

+1

Steve, you're in critical danger of doing a Dblock on us here mate.

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.â€

― Steven Weinberg

Nobody is born evil

This week We have a religious thread and people saying Religion is the reason of anything Evil

Who said that?

+1

Steve, you're in critical danger of doing a Dblock on us here mate.

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.â€

― Steven Weinberg

Nobody is born evil

That doesn't say "Religion is the reason of anything evil".

Kind of but we've covered that one. What's your point?

You still haven't shown where anyone said "Religion is the reason of anything evil"

Surly good and evil is a representative of Heaven and Hell

I'm not actually sure where I am going with this :lol: Just wanted to help Stevo out a little.

• Like 1