Oulton Park

ioneabee

Mint. It's a great track, second longest in the UK behind Silverstone. Fair bit of run off in some places, less in others, but drive within your limits and you'll be fine.

As your in their car, I'd suggest pushing as hard as you possibly can.

As an aside..............Did the Mid-Cheshire Stages rally which took in a couple of laps of the circuit back in the day. Car was a Vauxhall Magnum 2300 running on Dunlop SPR3 clubman tyres. Anyone remember them? On the dirt bits found the tyres were catching on the inner arches so took the front wheels off and got a big hammer to the problem. Must of got distracted, as forgot to tighten the wheels up properly. Later on doing 80mph one of the front wheels decided to detach itself from the car including studs as well !!! :scare:

That was my experience of Oulton Park....but I'm sure you wont have that problem :lol:

I did my first track day there and thought it was fantastic. I've done a couple there now, both with MSV, the best one being a specific novice friendly track day as it was quite chilled out with no show offs. Some people say it's best to avoid novice days as they think it will be chaos with a load of bumbling beginners going round wacky races style and not paying attention to flags and stuff but I didn't experience that.

What organiser and when are you looking at doing it? I believe that now it's off season there's some very well priced days there at the mo. As mentioned I've only done them at Oulton with MSV but I believe that a lot of how good the day is can be down to the organiser.

I've been extremely lucky weather wise with my track days and had beautiful sunny days. The idea of doing one on a wet and dark day in December in my zed doesn't appeal so much as I know I'd be granny driving and scared to push it. But I think I've been spoiled due such great conditions on previous days. Oulton is a quick drying track however.

Hope you have a great time :)

S.

I've got to do it this month (november) - voucher expires on the 1st December

the voucher is called "Lotus Thrill" and is supposed to give me 3 hours

I was going to go for a Caterham - but the likelyhood of the weather being good enough for that is slim methinks

it was last years crimbo present from the missus :wacko: - work unfortunately has been relentless

Edited by ioneabee

christ..................I've just seen the height restrictions :blush:

.........was gonna say, don't forget ya booster seat ;)

Hope you have a great time, and remember to post some pics, so we can all admire your skills at the wheel!

Done it on a bike a few times but never in a car

Great circuit, one of my favourites

Bit off topic but what would be good time on a car track day in a standard Z, good weather conditions

Rob

There's a few videos on YouTube of people, not in zeds, doing it around 1:55-2:00 minutes.