Steve916- Build Thread

steve916

Well, I thought I would start a build thread, even though I didn't plan on changing too much :D

I have only owned my zed for a week, but have been spending already.

I have changed the aerial to a stubby aerial. I have some new front and rear badges, bonnet gas struts, and wheel spacers to hopefully fit this weekend if the weather stays dry.

Pictures will be added as I go along.

Edited by steve916

Good luck with the fitting Steve ~ weather will undoubtedly try to ruin your plans but hopefully not, :thumbs:

Edit: Just noticed ~ really this should be in the "Members Build threads" section. Hopefully a kind mod will move it for you if you ask nicely. ;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Good luck with the fitting Steve ~ weather will undoubtedly try to ruin your plans but hopefully not, :thumbs:

Edit: Just noticed ~ really this should be in the "Members Build threads" section. Hopefully a kind mod will move it for you if you ask nicely. ;)

Thanks. I just knew there would be a separate section somewhere but didn't find it.

Please mods can you move this for me.

Thanks. I just knew there would be a separate section somewhere but didn't find it.

Please mods can you move this for me.

Build threads section is here Steve; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/156-member-build-projects/

Might have to PM one of the mods to move it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

So, after the weathermen got the weather wrong, we actually have had a sunny weekend, and I have managed to get a few jobs done.

I gave the car a good wash first thing and then managed to fit my wheel spacers. Looks so much better and the handling is great too :teeth:

Stubby aerial was fitted during the week, and bonnet struts fitted yesterday.

797EE629_zps656109ed.jpg

DEDC2283_zps7bced7b8.jpg

977AA050_zpsa6406144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I kept umming and ahhing about wether to do the Bose Ipod hack or to change the stereo completely.

I have decided to do the latter, and I have ordered an all singing and dancing Android unit. It has bluetooth connectivity both for phone use and A2DP music over bluetooth. It has satnav built in which is fully customisable. Wifi connectivity, in case i want to tether it to my phone to get internet. DVD and CD player. MP3 player, front usb slots etc etc.

Photos below show the unit and some of the screenshots.

I have ordered it from a trusted trader that I bought one of these units from for a previous car i had, a couple of years back. I have also ordered a reversing camera.

Just have to wait 10-14 days for delivery now :thumbs:

255542E5_zps1e8e92ab.jpg

607322C5_zpsaaecc762.jpg

0D8FD948_zpsbc7058a6.jpg

16D09312_zps6a490b2f.jpg

This looks great but whats it going to cost me.. my budget was 1100 for an alpine nav and reversing camera fitted. With something like this I would have to get a shop to fit it coz I dont know jack about stereos

This looks great but whats it going to cost me.. my budget was 1100 for an alpine nav and reversing camera fitted. With something like this I would have to get a shop to fit it coz I dont know jack about stereos

£380 including the reversing camera :)

It was a simple install in my last car, so once I've read through the console removal guide on here, it shouldn't be too bad to do.

• 3 weeks later...

After trying to decide if I wanted a spoiler or not, and then when I decided I did want one, which one should I get, I finally decided on the Strosek from Tarmac Sportz.

It arrived yesterday :)

50878C05_zps9fcf9cac.jpg

Off to the paint shop on Monday, and then hopefully i'll fit it before christmas :thumbs:

That's great ... Can't wait to see what it looks like as I've been considering the same spoiler for mine ...... Same colour car as you too :)

Im thinking of having the brackets painted silver to match the door handles, and to highlight the billet aluminium elegance, rather than lose them in with the same colour.

• Like 2

Im thinking of having the brackets painted silver to match the door handles, and to highlight the billet aluminium elegance, rather than lose them in with the same colour.

Like that idea. :)

Plus if you decide you don't like it you could always paint the brackets at a later date. ;)

• Like 1