Buddy Club Pro Spec 3 Exhaust Fit

Frankie0148

Alright guys,

Just thought i would make a thread for my exhaust build on my HR 350z

I messaged Cougar store a week ago asking if the Buddy Club system was back in production or if it was still discontinued, to my absolute delight, he responded and explained that it is back in production.....winning

I placed the order for the pro spec along with a set of HR Cobra de-cats (want more pops and bangs so i can giggle like a little child) with CS and within a few days, my first parcel had been delivered....including a picture from the delivery driver showing me where he had left my parcel! (very impressed) Unfortunately the front Y piece was missing in the first delivery, but after speaking to CS this was all sorted within the day and the Y piece was delivered the day after, along with the de-cats :) all delivered within a week ready to be fitted on the Friday!

So, after driving around the local garages begging and pleading for them to fit me the exhaust that day, i managed to find a guy that reluctantly agreed to fit it for me

a few hours later, she was fitted and ready to go, all the exhaust, de-cats and fitting cost me less than a grand! which i was chuffed to bits with!

here are the photos from the delivery of the exhaust and fitting etc

IMG_0041_zps197050a8.jpg

Y piece

IMG_0042_zpsfb67980d.jpg

De-cats

IMG_0037_zps19486ee0.jpg

IMG_0040_zpsb84e9477.jpg

IMG_0039_zpsea343d05.jpg

IMG_0035_zps8fe97736.jpg

Photo of my delivery from the delivery driver

IMG_0044_zps69dee7ec.jpg

IMG_0038_zpsda5c428d.jpg

10799517_10203876791732602_895985446_n_zps211e4d24.jpg

10745054_10203876791972608_1200219167_n_zpsd19abb8d.jpg

10744653_10203876792252615_2135349527_n_zps1d86f16d.jpg

10733542_10203876792132612_839928349_n_zpsc8da1151.jpg

Now down to how it sounds......

the noise it creates is like i have turned my right foot into the god of thunder!

imagine how a child feels, when you tell them they are going to disney world.......i feel like that.......every time i take the car past 3000rpm......

now, thats all well and good when your having fun....the amount of noise on full throttle you can deal with.....on a day to day basis, down motorways etc popping around town.....there is quite a bit of drone, and i am slightly concerned that my deaf neighbours may now be able to hear my car coming from several miles away.....guys I'm not going to lie....its loud.

so, all in all, the noise it makes is heavenly, but it does drone, and i have to be conscious in built up areas as to not **** everyone off within a several mile radius as they may think that a typhoon is performing arial acrobatics outside of their house.......genuinely had a kid come up to me today and said he thought it was a jet that was making the noise.......not going to lie I had a massive grin when he said that!

I am over the moon with the exhaust, i can cope with the drone in the cabin for the sheer fun factor of the hail of noise that appears on the throttle......that is probably to do with me being 23......when i start to loose my hearing......ill be more concerned about the noise in the cabin!

I am going to try and attach a video for you that was taken from the inside of a VRS Fabia with its windows down as he followed me

Here is the you tube link for everyone to watch at their viewing pleasure!

Massive thanks to Cougar Store! he has been an absolute star all the way through the process!

• Like 6

I managed to do 60 odd miles in it this weekend....just turn the music up when I get bored of the drone :).

It was my brother in the car following he was flat out bless him trying to keep up and I had no part in how he took the video haha must have been easier for him to hold it while he was driving

Not tried it with the baffles in yet, I have them in the car just incase I get told off! Haha I'll post another review on them with the baffles fitted and possibly a video to show the difference.

Just need to get an intake and get it mapped now so I can stop it hesitating at times when the throttle is applied and smooth it all out :)

Looks and sounds fantastic Frankie. B)

Great to see as well that the Y-pipe is similar to my Invidia system set up with absolutely no mesh flexi joints and instead has two sliding metal joint's with springs, much stronger like that & better quality too.

God how I hate those metal mesh flexi's on Y pipes. :angry::lol:

I'm so glad the y pipe didn't come with flexis too! haha,

I love my black Z....when she's clean....and I can't see the swirls and scratches that the cats have left, some serious effort has to be made keeping a black car look clean!

Glad everyone likes the post :) may have caught this zedittis bug that's going around though....been looking at the BGW thread....it's unheathy how easy you guys make all this haha

Edited by Frankie0148

I love my black Z....when she's clean....and I can't see the swirls and scratches that the cats have left, some serious effort has to be made keeping a black car look clean!

Glad everyone likes the post :)may have caught this zedittis bug that's going around though....been looking at the BGW thread....it's unheathy how easy you guys make all this haha

Have you seen my build thread? ...all that happened in one year! :surrender::lol:

Glad everyone likes the post :)may have caught this zedittis bug that's going around though....been looking at the BGW thread....it's unheathy how easy you guys make all this haha

Have you seen my build thread? ...all that happened in one year! :surrender::lol:

Mmmmm supercharger! Looks like an awesome build! Although a supercharger is not something I'm even considering at the moment haha iv seen on here that the HR gets decent gains with just bolt ons and a good map....so I'll go down that route first....then the wheels maybe.....then springs/coilovers....then body bits :) just need a sponsor really....or a rich girlfriend :D

I have got that ocd detailing bug you mentioned though....£££££spent on wax and different products....until I let my dad borrow the car for a week and take it to the £5 car wash with more induced swirls and scratches than what I started with.....lets just say he's banned from washing my car again!

• 2 weeks later...
Like the idea of the buddy club, but worried about the drone.

In 6th between 60 - 80 does it drone?

Is the drone only between certain rpm?

Only time it doesn't drone is at 0rpm :lol:

Think I will give that a miss then. Thanks for the heads up. I like a loud deep sound but not at motorway speeds. Would drive me nuts!