Where to buy laptop?

twobears

Being the generous soul that I am, I want to buy my daughter's boyfriend a laptop for Christmas but, being the (adopted) Yorkshirewoman that I am, I want to get one at the best possible price ;) I have looked at Tesco, Argos and PC World and they all seem much of a muchness but I wondered if anyone knows of anywhere else that I can look? I only want to spend about £300. Any ideas?

Worth a look on the Dell Outlet (return to base, repackaged and resold for cheaper).

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=7&c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh

Personally I only ever buy Dell laptops, i find them to be well made/long lasting. Friends and family have tried other models such as Fujitsu, Samsung etc and all have developed faults.

• Like 1

+1 for Dell if you're going Windowz. My last Dell laptop was the best PC I've owned. Ordinarily I'd be pointing you at the apple store but with the Yorkshirewomen constraint ;) , I think ebuyer is also a good option.

Anywhere but PC World and you should be fine :)

also look for the cashback deals - I bought a HP model the other day for my son - £50 cashback - brought the price down to £170

+1 on that. Get yourself registered on quidco and search for the top referring sellers. An amazing site, i've earned over £200 in cashback this year as literally everything i buy is bought after clicking through from their site first.

Thanks everyone for the advice and the warnings too :thumbs:

I'm off to bed now as I'm taking our daughter Christmas shopping in London tomorrow and need to be on tip top form so I don't bankrupt myself buying her clothes :surrender:

Will look at all links tomorrow. Have never heard of the cashback type sites before but they sound interesting!

Ask Mr 2 bears to buy it? :shrug:

Um, he will be buying it. Like I said, I currently earn nothing so Christmas would be a bit on the frugal side if I had to forage in the hedgerows for gifts :wacko:

you might have some money tucked away there? :shrug: