EPR nuts?

Bobby D

My mukka has a set of steal EPR wheel nuts on his supra which he bought at a show this year, which I have completely fallen in love with! On their web page it's only showing up the D1 spec nuts! Sorry if I'm being really thick but are these steal?

Here's the link if it helps?

http://www.epracing.co.uk/Performance-Wheels/Performance-Wheel-Nuts/D1-Spec/D1-Spec-Internal-Drive-Wheel-Nut-1.25/p-77-753-755-2817/

Thanks in advance ;-)

I didn't want to say anything as I know EPR get on here and didn't want to up set anyone! I'v heard a few horror stories about the D1s but I do know my mates steal ones he bought are quality and want the same ones just in gold! I'll have a look at your recommendations now and thank you for the advice :-D

Hahaha awww that's okay! I don't know if I'm being a mong but I can't find any shiny gold steel nuts that are extra long 1.25! Really think they will compliment the big 19 Andrews I have with the big gold brembos :-D

Hope you can help?

Edited by Bobby D

I think the original D1 Spec nuts are ok but there are a lot of fakes out there that have caused problems.

+1. But using ali nuts on steel bolts is always asking for trouble. I have had muteki extended open end nuts for 5yrs with no probs.

• Like 1

I think the original D1 Spec nuts are ok but there are a lot of fakes out there that have caused problems.

+1. But using ali nuts on steel bolts is always asking for trouble. I have had muteki extended open end nuts for 5yrs with no probs.

Whilst genuine D1 Spec nuts are better, they are still al. They corrode onto the steel hub bolts in no time over winter.

• Like 1

Whilst genuine D1 Spec nuts are better, they are still al. They corrode onto the steel hub bolts in no time over winter.

Sorry, I didn't make myself really clear, I understand the steel/ally prob but I was referring to D1 Spec fakes breaking when being tightened because crap grad ally was used to manufacture the fakes.
  • Like 1

Hahaha awww that's okay! I don't know if I'm being a mong but I can't find any shiny gold steel nuts that are extra long 1.25! Really think they will compliment the big 19 Andrews I have with the big gold brembos :-D

Hope you can help?

These below any good?

Link: http://www.driftworks.com/gt50-steel-wheel-nuts-with-key-5-colours-available.html

Please check size/fitment before ordering. Hope that helps. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...