I do love Dodo Supernatural wax...

coldel

...one of my customers from back when I ran my own little local detailing business called me up and asked for some work on his RS4, did it this morning (on my day off from my day job!), detox shampoo, SRP then three layers of Supernatural and very pleased with the results - fantastic stuff and recommend it :thumbs:

I also have been using AG Fast Glass, comes up pretty well for a budget option.

photo-6_zps445293d8.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers, you can get sample pots for about £15, good for four layers on a medium sized car.

I always use the panel pots (tight) ;)

I don't know how you did all that in half a day !!

6am start :teeth:

Feel pretty tired now, although booked in a massage at 2:30 today, reward!

Edited by coldel

I think I could get loads of layers out of a 15 ml pot. Also, putting on many layers of wax a day doesn't allow the previous layer to cure, so you just wipe the previous away. Many carnauba waxes need about a day to cure properly. Some products do allow quick layering, but these are usually sealants.

Finish comes from the prep work mainly. Any last stage product adds very little in reality, particularly if you don't know what's on the car. It's a bit like the red wine or hi-fi cable debates.

IMO of course.

• Like 2

I managed to get about 2-3 years' worth out of a DJSN panel pot, across multiple cars. No need to chuck it on, once a panel is protected then it's protected: By adding extra layers you either just waste it (if the wax hasn't cured properly) or you just delay putting the next lot on when you do a proper wash by a bit. Done correctly, a single layer of LSP should be more than enough.

Yes, I've tried layering waxes before over the course of a week, but in all honesty it didn't give me noticeable extra results. Each to their own though, that's the beauty of things like this :)

• Like 3

I've found that applying one layer, cure for 24 hours and then apply a second coat only increases the length of time in which you'll need to re-apply. For instance, 1 layer will give you around 1 month and 2 layers around 3 months.

• Like 1

I managed to get about 2-3 years' worth out of a DJSN panel pot, across multiple cars. No need to chuck it on, once a panel is protected then it's protected: By adding extra layers you either just waste it (if the wax hasn't cured properly) or you just delay putting the next lot on when you do a proper wash by a bit. Done correctly, a single layer of LSP should be more than enough.

Yes, I've tried layering waxes before over the course of a week, but in all honesty it didn't give me noticeable extra results. Each to their own though, that's the beauty of things like this :)

You managed to get 2-3 years out of 30ml of wax on multiple cars? I'll not lie, thats pretty amazing.

You managed to get 2-3 years out of 30ml of wax on multiple cars? I'll not lie, thats pretty amazing.

Agree with dan, I've done the same, less is more, the excess is a waste just making work for yourself, a slight haze is enough

24 hr cure to layer as been said :thumbs:

I'll also agree with Ekona and Roscopervis, I've done numerous layers on a number of cars and I'm barely half way through any of my panel pots.

Although I will disagree with Ekona on layering Dojo Juice waxes (at least PH & BV) as per my recent wax test as a second later did appear to extend the durability - they were applied more than 24 hours apart in my case and only apparent on the Dodo Juice waxes though.

You don't achieve anything other than wastage by slapping it on thick either, if anything it just makes it more difficult to remove or it won't last as long due to the wax that's actually in contact with the paint not curing, and therefore bonding, properly.

• Like 1