M O T

bytespc

Had mine yesterday and passed (no advisories) :thumbs: . However off topic slightly, I was told that transmission fluid for the autobox is good for 10yrs or 10,000miles. So no need to change.. Can anyone confirm this ? Apparently its a sealed unit. Ta

• Like 1

Mine had an mot due 4 weeks after I bought it, it had 2 advisorys.... 2 Tyre valves slightly perished :D no drama haha

jeez ! who did the mot, forensics @ CSI ?

I know right....

Its a garage local to my Dads, I was crashing there while I was inbetween places, incredibly picky and the full £55 for the pleasure...

Ref autobox fluids....they are sealed for life. You can change fluids but unless there is a problem why? Expensive to buy!!

JohnUKVetteNut..2005 auto raodster

To manufacturers 'life' is 100k miles. On higher mileage cars change of box oil makes a difference, auto or manual. If anything, it prolonges the life of the box, which is always a good thing.

• Like 2

2003 GT 49k on the clock.....had it 2 years, and with the issues I've had with it.......it's always passed the M.O.T......just last week, it flew through. The guy said half way through the MOT when underneath the car......I'm not gunna find anything wrong with this......then when I went to pay, the lady filling out the form said.....any advisories.....he turned and said.....NOTHING....ITS BEAUTIFUL.....he even said is it garaged, I said no....he looked a bit surprised, then asked me what my every day car was......when I told him the Z was.....he looked shocked lol...... The old Z still looks amazing :)