Photography rant! :D

AliveBoy

Why do so many people think that merely owning a camera means you can set up a photography website and/or facebook page?!

Some of the picture pages I've been invited to like on faceache are SO bad! I don't even own a camera and I can see the lack of lighting, focus, whatever else! Some of the people seem to not even own a DSLR! Surely it just makes it harder for people to take you seriously when you do start taking awesome pictures, and also makes it harder for real and genuinely talented photographers to be taken seriously?

Rant over :lol:

• Like 2

A lot of people think that they can just run anything through a filter on PS or instagram and hey presto, one fabulous shot!

Er, no. It doesn't work like that.

er.........it doesn't ? :blush:;)

Amazing how many people do not even know the rule of thirds...tut!

yes I do

you can build a retaining wall 2/3rds of its height is the thickness at the base...............see told ya

• Like 1

With the advent of smartphones, devices and social media, there's been an explosion of pic taking....no harm in that.

As long as they're not trying to sell you prints there's no problem.

I don't think it prevents talented photographers being taken seriously as

a pro shot will always stand out against the dross, as they rely on this expertise to sell their work.

A crap shot will always look crap whatever!

• Like 1

I am renown for my photo skills - I know this as when I did my build thread I got lots of comments like - "learn to use a bloody camera" - "have you got a better camera" etc etc

As such and now I just joined facebook maybe I should start my own page to show my talents - Aliveboy will get the first invite :)

as for StevoD Pffff my pics are much better - more atmosphere and a haunting almost spooky feel - or as someone once commented "don't you have a flash all I see is a blank black picture of nothing"

:lol:

:p

• Like 1

Don't your pictures just include bobs arse? So is the page called bobs bum? ;)

#teamtarmac

Also have some pics of wheels that just don't fit under the front arches

I could call it Grudy's Shame :p

• Like 1

Don't your pictures just include bobs arse? So is the page called bobs bum? ;)

#teamtarmac

Also have some pics of wheels that just don't fit under the front arches

I could call it Grudy's Shame :p

Touche Sir! I'm sure we can also upload the pics of my new engine replacement ;)
  • Like 1

I am renown for my photo skills - I know this as when I did my build thread I got lots of comments like - "learn to use a bloody camera" - "have you got a better camera" etc etc

As such and now I just joined facebook maybe I should start my own page to show my talents - Aliveboy will get the first invite :)

as for StevoD Pffff my pics are much better - more atmosphere and a haunting almost spooky feel - or as someone once commented "don't you have a flash all I see is a blank black picture of nothing"

:p

I think the spooky element is Bob, no?

I took a photo of a rainbow on my way to work, maybe I should start a facebook page for it :lol:

i took one on my way home... you set the page up and i will post to it :lol:

photo_zpse2fda972.jpg

I actually really like that :lol:

Makes mine look like I used a potato for it :lol:

dATVWI.jpg