who's got a Snooper?

parello9

Well after seeing Collins and him taking it out the car for his new car i want one :)

Anyone got one and what do people recommend?

Plus i mainly like it cause it brings back a digital speedo? Which is something i really do miss from the 350z

What about a HUD unit? That would be cool. B)

Just a cheap one I found online: http://www.aliexpres...CFdTLtAodeF8AHw

Edit: One on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ifound-OBD-Car-HUD-Head-Up-LED-Vehicle-mounted-System-Overspeed-Warning-UK-/111351844767?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Edited by GMballistic

I bought a snooper 3Zero about 3 years ago with a view to detecting all types of cameras and lasers.

Yeah it's great for mapped GPS stored cameras.

And that's it!

Despite them saying it can detect hand held lasers, that's just a lie, it doesn't.

I have found it usefull for GPS speed.

Other than that's its a pile of crap. It goes off with certain Audi's bleeping away and all I can put it down to is parking sensors setting it off. But only on Audi's. Then there's automatic shop doors, bleep bleep bleep!!

Don't buy it unless they've changed the hardware/software.

I have diffusers if thats how its spelt front and rear.

When a laser is fired at the car I fire one back causing the originating signal to give an error code.

ATM a friend of mine is developing a nice little plug and play device.

All Police radios create chatter!

Every 30 seconds they communicate back to their base station.

This device (Successfully tested) picks up this chatter, and the device starts to beep to let you know that somewhere nearby is a Police vehicle.

As at the moment nothing out there except rear view observation will allow you to see what's creeping up behind you.

And how many of us slip over the 70mph on a motorway.

Certainly on a few forum meets I have been on we have accidentally creped over the limit for the type of road we are on.

Now the phoo phooers will say its illegal ect. Oh no it isn't.

Because its been tuned for all emergency frequency channels so you can em um move out the way when you hear the beep :)

As to price, well the original was about £800 but the lab rats are developing a version for about £50 that just plugs straight into the 12v power socket.

At the extreme end of the market is an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) system that can actually be purchased by Joe public.

But unless your a Bank Robber I can't see why you would want one fitted to your car.

All of the above is really for us gadget freaks who like our toys.

Edited by 4RE Leather

When a laser is fired at the car I fire one back causing the originating signal to give an error code.

ATM a friend of mine is developing a nice little plug and play device.

All Police radios create chatter!

Every 30 seconds they communicate back to their base station.

This device (Successfully tested) picks up this chatter, and the device starts to beep to let you know that somewhere nearby is a Police vehicle.

As at the moment nothing out there except rear view observation will allow you to see what's creeping up behind you.

And how many of us slip over the 70mph on a motorway.

Certainly on a few forum meets I have been on we have accidentally creped over the limit for the type of road we are on.

Now the phoo phooers will say its illegal ect. Oh no it isn't.

Because its been tuned for all emergency frequency channels so you can em um move out the way when you hear the beep :)

As to price, well the original was about £800 but the lab rats are developing a version for about £50 that just plugs straight into the 12v power socket.

At the extreme end of the market is an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) system that can actually be purchased by Joe public.

But unless your a Bank Robber I can't see why you would want one fitted to your car.

All of the above is really for us gadget freaks who like our toys.

Interesting. any idea when said device would be available? and where to get one?

A mate of mine has had one of these diffusers for years and swears by it.

It gives an audible warning if you are targeted and allows you to drop your speed.

• Like 1

A mate of mine has had one of these diffusers for years and swears by it.

It gives an audible warning if you are targeted and allows you to drop your speed.

Its more a laser jammer. you really need 2 on the front and 2 on the back of the Zed like I have and certainly on larger cars.

It's most important to have them on the rear.

The audible warning lasts for approx 5-7 seconds which allows as you said to check your speed accordingly.

All the time you hear it units are jamming the laser signal from locking onto your car. Usually the device targeting your vehicle will register a error code.

The device then turns it'self off and rearms,as to error messages and the chances are they will follow you and jump all over your car.

I noticed someone mentioned that snooper was no good at detecting laser vans.

1st of all a laser van or device has a trigger and will only turn on and target vehicles going over the speed it is set for.

Your device will not warn you in advance unless you are speeding as that's the only time your vehicle is targeted.

If you were doing 36 in a 30 and came into range then your device should sound an alert.

You can tell I am a nerd :)

atm the £50 ones are still in testing stage.

I should think I may be able to get my hands on them when there ready :)

I'd take a few of them for the family cars

I had a snooper system years ago, but it was more a detection system and my understanding was that by the time its detected the signal you were caught anyway so sold it on. The new detections systems sounds alot better and the jammers sound really good.

• Like 1

I thought jammers were illegal ? :shrug:

Me too. I was under the impression you can get charged for perverting the course of justice for using a jammer. Which is way more serious than a speeding ticket. I Could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I was under the impression you can get charged for perverting the course of justice for using a jammer. Which is way more serious than a speeding ticket. I Could be wrong though.

People use "garage door openers" for jamming from what I remember.

Like this; http://www.incarservices.co.uk/side-menu/reversing-parking-aids/target-lt400-laser-jammer

Not sure on legality of it but I'd imagine it is at the very least frowned upon by the law. :surrender::lol:

• Like 1

you can be but cases have been dropped

People use "garage door openers" for jamming from what I remember.

Like this; http://www.incarserv...00-laser-jammer

Not sure on legality of it but I'd imagine it is at the very least frowned upon by the law. :surrender::lol:

I have a garage door remote with mine :)

DESCRIPTION

Laser Track LT 400 Vehicle Transponder

The Target Laser Track LT 400 is at the forefront of electronic garage door systems. Easy fitting and discrete, the LT 400 is fixed to your vehicle providing a no-nonsense approach to opening your electronic gates, no need for fobs or batteries (will require a LT 430 Home Transponder to fitted to your gates or doors) . Designed and sold as an electronic gate and garage door opener the LT 400 also has the unfortunate side effect of disrupting Police Laser gun signals.

LT 400 – Vehicle Transponder

Whilst it is possible to get advanced warning from standard laser camera detectors, the LT 400 not only provides you with audible and visual alerts, it will fire back a pulse rate at the same frequency which confuses the mobile laser speed detector and effectively jams it for 9 seconds, allowing you to reduce your speed if necessary.

The Target Laser Track is the only system that is equipped with intelligent electronics that are capable of recognizing signals of laser guns and other laser systems that use the same frequency. After recognising an unknown infrared signal, the LT 400 automatically switched itself off after a few seconds to prevent interference and, for instance, enable a laser speed control measurement.

Laser Track is not sold or packaged as a ‘laser jammer’ but as an electronic gate or garage door system. The user manual clearly states the laser jammer is an unfortunate side effect of the system.

The installation kit supplied with the LT 400 is the most comprehensive of any system available and makes the fitting of the Laser Track simple and easy. It is compatible with all laser guns/laser speed detector systems across the world including:-

Pro laser II

Pro laser III

Laser Patrol

Traffi Patrol

Traffi Patrol XR

SCS-102

LTI 20-20

LTI Long Range

Laveg

Riegl LR-90

Stalker

Laser Atlanta ( not in Stealth mode )

Clear Tone ( not in Stealth mode)

Laser Track Unit FAQ’sÂ

IF your only requirement is a digital speed display then why not get a smart phone holder and use an app to display GPS speed? I'm sure there's lots out there for all flavours of smart phone and it will be cheaper than the proposed option.

IF however you really want it so you don't get caught exceeding the speed limit then the cheapest and fool proof way is to not speed.

I don't agree with all these jammers/diffusers etc. you speed then you take the risk.

As for the lasers only being active once it detects a vehicle speeding.... How does it detect a speeding vehicle to arm itself in the first place?? Genuine question as I suspect a lot of the information here is hearsay with some being factual and some being pub talk.

• Like 1