hopeful new 350z owner

:welcome:

100% read the buyers guide that these guys have put together, it's very comprehensive > http://www.350z-uk.c...26-buyers-guide

this one > http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

Invaluable when I went to see mine - I managed to knock £500 off the asking because she clicked and creaked (that's £500 off for a bit of needed grease!) :teeth::thumbs:

Good luck, she's the best thing I've bought for ages..

Edited by Jud1

Welcome, with regards to your other post about someone telling you to avoid anything 2006+ (facelift), i would take that with a pinch of salt, its known that 2006 models can burn a little extra oil, 2007+ are a totally different engine (HR) and have no oil issues whatsoever, + you get the higher horsepower. 2006+ however will put you in the higher VED bracket (road tax) which is £500 a year, just look at it as a couple of extra tanks of fuel a year difference over the pre-facelift models,

The DE engine pre and including 2006 can be modded a little more (plenum spacer comes to mind) than the HR models

Welcome!

did a lot of searching myself when buying - i decided to go pre-2006 to get the cheaper tax bracket.

just look for the usual - good service history, check the exhaust for any cracks at connection between back box and centre piece and that all callipers are working spot on - you'll feel it under breaking.