Sad, sad news....

Andy

sad sad news,

We met him this year at the goodwood festival of speed, got his signature was an all round genuinely good guy.

And got rocks thrown at me when i was taking pictures on the forest stage, he was as committed as you could be either in a scoob or his R4 Prototype

RIP Colin

if you can get past the music this one is nicely edited

man I could watch his videos all day long!

I remember when Speed TV here in the US (then it was Speedvision) used to play the entire WRC season usually the same weekend it happened on a tape delay. Colin was one of those true personalities that you couldn't help but want to watch. I can't tell you how many times the reporter would interview him after a stage, where perhaps he was faster than, or sometimes slower than, other teams, and he would just give these funny, quirky answers like "I guess we were a bit (faster) slower", or "Seems we'll be needing a new car". Those sessions with he and Grist were simply amazing to watch, and it was when rallying, at least for me, was as good as its ever been (aside from the old school group b days)