Is It Normal To Have High Bite On Clutch

keithvmx1200

I had a 2008 350Z in the past and ended up with a floppy clutch but the clutch would bite as soon as it was off the floor. I have started looking for another 350 Z and found one I like. I did ask the owner about the clutch and he said it was perfect but it does not bite until it is almost at the top of its travel which I have always thought it meant the clutch was on its way out, but he said he has mentioned this on this 350Z site and was told this was normal on a 350Z. I do not want to buy the car then face a bill of over £2000. I would like member's thoughts on this please.

Regards Keith

I never used to consider the high bite point on the zed clutch until I purchased a Vectra as my daily driver (which is much lower and lighter)

Now whenever getting back into the Zed after an extended time, I spend the first 5 mins looking really inept at junctions and traffic lights readjusting my driving style haha!

As mentioned above, it can be adjusted, infact here's the 'how to':

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/50287-how-to-adjust-clutch-pedal/page__hl__%2Bclutch+%2Badjust

• Like 1

Its quite normal BUT. Being hydraulic any wear in the clutch / fly wheel is taken up by the system and results in a high pedal position. I recently did mine prior to a European road drip and glad i did. I had no slippage no judder or signs of any wear but when i remove it the clutch was down to the rivets and had clear signs of excessive heat build up and scorching. I would suggest that failure is quite fast and unexpected. parts from http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80847-exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit-vq35de-super-price/

014_zps2062284d.jpg

016_zpsbef6f27b.jpg

012_zps3025d6a2.jpg

Edited by rothers2901